LGBT Dragon Ball Fanbase Experiences and Talk

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: LGBT Dragon Ball Fanbase Experiences and Talk

Post by Doctor. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:31 am

MasenkoHA wrote: but would have really changed anything if it turned out Goten or Trunks were a couple? I don't think so.
Kind of? Goten and Trunks' relationship is fine. Sometimes a friendship is just a friendship. Those kind of messages don't get passed around too often in shows, usually when two characters are attached to each other, they're gonna end up in a romantic relationship.

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Re: LGBT Dragon Ball Fanbase Experiences and Talk

Post by GigaDrill » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:05 am

Doctor. wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote: but would have really changed anything if it turned out Goten or Trunks were a couple? I don't think so.
Kind of? Goten and Trunks' relationship is fine. Sometimes a friendship is just a friendship. Those kind of messages don't get passed around too often in shows, usually when two characters are attached to each other, they're gonna end up in a romantic relationship.
Knowing the kind of writer that Toriyama is, I doubt that he would have made a big deal of it in the manga. Maybe that kind of action would have attracted attention towards Toriyama's intent in the real world, and maybe there would be controversy over his choice due to the climate in the 90s, but the story itself wouldn't be really any different.