How many DBZ characters could Kenshiro kill?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

How many DBZ characters could Kenshiro kill?

Post by MarcBigleague » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 am

So a few hours ago I saw TeamFourStar make a video of Kenshiro vs Cell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3qvbdFSZk

I know TeamFourStar are joke but it raised an interesting question in my brain. Could Kenshiro really beat Cell if he was in DBZ (since they were both Toei Animation productions).

Cell is very strong but Kenshiro is undeniable alpha male XD and he uses pressure points. In DBZ we just see punches to random parts of the bodies. No one in DBZ ever tried to hit Cell hyaku times ("hyaku"=100 in japanese) in his vital pressure points. So could Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken beat Cell? If he can beat Cell then who else could he beat? Would Boo explode from pressure points too?

Also Kenshiro is undeniably Bruce Lee of anime (bigger buffer upgrade though) and Akira Toriyama once said when Goku became Super Saiyan he was supposed to be like Bruce Lee. So because Kenshiro is more successfully like Bruce Lee than Goku, does that mean Kenshiro might be better than Goku? I personally think yes to all the questions I've asked but I know there is spaces for debates so let me know what you think in the reply section below.

"Son Gokuu, Bejita, Piccorro, Kuririn, Son Gohan to Goten, Toranksu, Juhachi Go, Tenshinhan, Birus...Omae wa mou shindeiru." xD
Last edited by MarcBigleague on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:34 am, edited 7 times in total.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: How many DBZ characters could Kenshiro kill?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:48 am

I think Kenshiro could only manage the human characters. I'd be interested in him going up against Master Crane or Mercenary Tao.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:53 am

MarcBigleague wrote: No one in DBZ ever tried to hit Cell hyaku times ("hyaku"=100 in japanese) in his vital pressure points. .
Just according to keikaku. (translators note: keikaku means plan)
MarcBigleague wrote:
Also Kenshiro is undeniably Bruce Lee of anime (bigger buffer upgrade though) and Akira Toriyama once said when Goku became Super Saiyan he was supposed to be like Bruce Lee. So because Kenshiro is more successfully like Bruce Lee than Goku, does that mean Kenshiro might be better than Goku?
This is an interesting power scaling angle.

If vital points were a thing in the the Drgonball universe, I am sure they would have learnt at least some defensive techniques. If not, Kenshirou has a chance if he can hit first, or if Musou Tensei is enough to avoid their moves. But countering superluminal speed is really hard, Ken might just get blitzed. He is also at a disadvantage in ranged fights, he has ki projection attacks but not rapid fire like the Z fighters.

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 am

Ore (I) think that Kenshiro will find it impossiburu to koroshimasu the Z-warriors. Including jinzoningen Ju Hachi-go, because jinzoningen have no Keiraku Hiko (hidden points). So it is muda (futile) to say "Omae wa mou shindeiru." to anyone but Yamucha-kun in Dragon Ball. Arigatouu Gozai-masu for your time.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:15 am

God this thread is just SOMETHING ELSE! ARIENAI!

I thought people were just going to go with "LOL he can kill Krillin, Launch, Yamcha and any of the less powerful characters". But you HAD TO GO full weaboo topic creator? Also "Kenshiro is undeniably the Bruce Lee of anime" ACCORDING TO WHO? You give Toriyama's words about Goku, but with Kenshiro we have to take your word for it!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:God this thread is just SOMETHING ELSE! ARIENAI!

I thought people were just going to go with "LOL he can kill Krillin, Launch, Yamcha and any of the less powerful characters". But you HAD TO GO full weaboo topic creator? Also "Kenshiro is undeniably the Bruce Lee of anime" ACCORDING TO WHO? You give Toriyama's words about Goku, but with Kenshiro we have to take your word for it!
Your "weaboo" remark is offensive to my 2d waifu. :cry:
I think the original poster assumed that most people would know Kenshiro is a parody/imitation of Bruce Lee. Considering his war cry is identical to Bruce Lee. Also his hair and general wisdom and morals are alike.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 am

I know. I love Kenshiro, I know who he is and he is a major Badass. Also tell your 2D Waifu that I say "Gomennasai"
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:28 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I know. I love Kenshiro, I know who he is and he is a major Badass. Also tell your 2D Waifu that I say "Gomennasai"
Rise Kujikawa forgives you. :D
I wonder why Hokuto no Ken (HnK) was never crossed over with Dragon Ball in any promotional art or media production. I mean Dragon Ball began just after HnK, but so did One Piece that did not stop the crossovers with Dragon Ball. Either I'm thinking out loud or I'm desperately getting this thread back on topic. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:30 am

If you really wanted the thread to be on topic you'd suggest victims for Kenshiro-sama. Like Dr Briefs.

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Also "Kenshiro is undeniably the Bruce Lee of anime" ACCORDING TO WHO? You give Toriyama's words about Goku, but with Kenshiro we have to take your word for it!
I'm unquantifiably baffled as to how you even ask that, to be very frank.

>Nunchucks
>Hairstyle
>Eyebrow Density
>Watatatatatatatata
>Roundhouse Kicks
>Superhuman speed
>Unconventional Martial artist
>Ryū Geki Ko, Sōryū Ha, Tenryū Kokyū Hō (These attacks of Hokuto Shinken are all named in reference to "Dragon", similar to Bruce Lee in "The Return of the Dragon" (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_MWknKZxw))

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 pm

At most Kenshiro can beat King Chappa and that's being generous. 22nd Budokai Goku/Tien, Jackie Chun/Muten Roshi, and anyone in the 23rd Tenkaichi would wipe his ass.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 pm

I think every one except TeamFourStar is saying bad thing about Kenshiro. No one in DBZ has made a man explode quite like Kenshiro has, in my opinion.

Chiaotzu is the only one but he did it to himself. That was a funny and sad scene simultaneously.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Kenshiro could probably take out any of the Earthlings, and maybe the Saiyans since they probably have the same pressure points, but I'm not too sure about any of the stranger aliens like Freeza or Piccolo, not to mention Gods like Kaioshin and Beerus. He definitely wouldn't be able to do anything to Majin Boo.

However, I don't think Kenshiro's fast enough to actually land any of those strikes, if his opponent knows to get out of the way. Sure he may nail Yamcha or Vegeta if they try to be arrogant and make no attempt to dodge, but then everyone else would be on guard, right?

Also, why is this in the General Franchise Discussion? Seems more like an In-Universe Discussion topic to me.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:29 pm

This type of one-off, tangentially-related "versus" conversation is best suited for our "All-Purpose 'Versus' Thread" thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::