Yamato Video to come out with DB,DBZ and even DB GT specials and movies on blu ray in Italy

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Yamato Video to come out with DB,DBZ and even DB GT specials and movies on blu ray in Italy

Post by mikezilla2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Yamato Video to come out with Dragon Ball, Dragon Z and even Dragon Ball GT specials and movies on blu ray in Italy. This will be the first time the GT special will be in HD.
"DBMHD+DBZMTVSHD+DBGTTVSHD"

https://www.facebook.com/YamatoVideo/po ... 9816805198

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search

why is this not front page news damn it ? vegeto getting slack ?

plese point me to the thread in question if old

cheers

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Yamato Video to come out with DB,DBZ and even DB GT specials and movies on blu ray in Italy

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Because they only post Japanese and English news these days.

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Re: Yamato Video to come out with DB,DBZ and even DB GT specials and movies on blu ray in Italy

Post by mikezilla2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:56 pm

sangofe wrote:Because they only post Japanese and English news these days.
new policy that i missed ? link ?

tis a shame because from the sounds of these might just be the best video masters yet ?

still I'm suprised that there isnt already a thread on here about it ?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:57 pm

It's not big news here because only a small percentage of fans here are Italian speakers.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:08 pm

mikezilla2 wrote:
sangofe wrote:Because they only post Japanese and English news these days.
new policy that i missed ? link ?

tis a shame because from the sounds of these might just be the best video masters yet ?

still I'm suprised that there isnt already a thread on here about it ?
No. But I tried linking to international news several times. Also said I could help with them. Was ignored. And look back at the news. How many international news will you see these last six months, or year even?

My conclusion is they're busy with db super and site content

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:14 pm

yea i figured as much i noticed a huge drop off in covrage of that sort of news some time ago maybe just simply due to lack of intrest ie spanish dubs just figured Ex was often pretty padantic about including " everything" because no other site will :P

guess hes mellowed a bit with age

got a hand it to him tho i dont think there are any DBZ sites out there that cover as much news as this one dos on dragon ball type stuff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:35 pm

mikezilla2 wrote:Yamato Video to come out with Dragon Ball, Dragon Z and even Dragon Ball GT specials and movies on blu ray in Italy. This will be the first time the GT special will be in HD.
"DBMHD+DBZMTVSHD+DBGTTVSHD"

https://www.facebook.com/YamatoVideo/po ... 9816805198

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search

why is this not front page news damn it ? vegeto getting slack ?

plese point me to the thread in question if old

cheers
What dub is used for the movies? Dynit or Mediaset?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:43 pm

If they're getting DB on Blu Ray then hopefully we will as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Now let's see how these compare with Funi's Blu-Ray and HD Streaming releases...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:39 am

Danfun64 wrote:Now let's see how these compare with Funi's Blu-Ray and HD Streaming releases...
What's great is that the GT special will be released on blu-ray :)

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 am

For the GT one we have to wait till it actually comes out and it does not turn out to be just a scaled rip of Funi's green bricks.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:34 am

successoroffate wrote:For the GT one we have to wait till it actually comes out and it does not turn out to be just a scaled rip of Funi's green bricks.
Why in heavens sake would they use FUNimation's transfer? They got nothing to do with yamamoto video or Italy.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:07 am

sangofe wrote:
successoroffate wrote:For the GT one we have to wait till it actually comes out and it does not turn out to be just a scaled rip of Funi's green bricks.
Why in heavens sake would they use FUNimation's transfer? They got nothing to do with yamamoto video or Italy.
I don't see how Yamato can get first dips at GT Bluray without having an official Japanese release first.
-----
-----

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:04 am

successoroffate wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I don't see how Yamato can get first dips at GT Bluray without having an official Japanese release first.
Then how do you explain Funimation did that with DBZ? Your logic isn't making sense.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:12 am

sangofe wrote:
successoroffate wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Then how do you explain Funimation did that with DBZ? Your logic isn't making sense.
Are we putting Funimation and Yamato on the same boat budget wise? My point is, I don't think Yamato has the means to come up with a true Blu Ray release of GT without producing an upscaled version of their licensed content.
Listen, if it comes up looking great, then I would buy it no doubt but I'm just hesitating as to the extent of what releasing a Bluray GT collection really means.
By the way, As much as I hate Funimation, I don't see an Italian company as having more resources to come up with a better result than Funimation.
Edit: I swear this is the last time I'm editing this post. Selecta Vision did the same with the movies in Spain by releasing them in "Blu ray" but turned out to be just a rip of Funi's content.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33159&hilit=movies
-----
-----

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 am

successoroffate wrote:
sangofe wrote:
successoroffate wrote:
Are we putting Funimation and Yamato on the same boat budget wise? My point is, I don't think Yamato has the means to come up with a true Blu Ray release of GT without producing an upscaled version of their licensed content.
Listen, if it comes up looking great, then I would buy it no doubt but I'm just hesitating as to the extent of what releasing a Bluray GT collection really means.
By the way, As much as I hate Funimation, I don't see an Italian company as having more resources to come up with a better result than Funimation.
Edit: I swear this is the last time I'm editing this post. Selecta Vision did the same with the movies in Spain by releasing them in "Blu ray" but turned out to be just a rip of Funi's content.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33159&hilit=movies
Selecta did for the movies of DBZ, but not the DBGT special.

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 am

Hope this is going to get also BoG and FnF, but I highly doubt it. A Merak version of them (just to do both Rome and Milan for every movie) would be great tho.

And yes, I hope these will have both Merak and Dynit dubs. They both had problems with translations and censorship (while Dynit didn't censor, but bad translated things from Toei's scripts and had some bad pronunciations of names, Merak did fix some of these things, but with their adaptions and censorship).

Oh, and it's been almost 2-3 years since they announced a new movie collection! It's about time :v

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:54 pm

dont forget putting upsacles on blu ray in EU in place of or were no HD masters exsist is a thing ....

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 am

Hey, when's this coming out?

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:46 pm

July ?

not sure any sites covering this in english at all ?