Is there a way to contact Shueisha or V Jump?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Is there a way to contact Shueisha or V Jump?

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Possibly an email or something similar?

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is there a way to contact Shueisha or V Jump?

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 am

For physical mail:

2-5-10 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8050 JAPAN
from http://www.shueisha.co.jp/english/company_information/

One question for the knowledgeables (Mike I'm summoning you): are they the ones directly managing the licensing? What if I want to license DB likeness for a product in Peru. I know this is a thing as there have been a lot of licesend junk food with Dragon Ball toys inside here on Peru, official stickers albums by local publisher Navarrete, and many other memorabilia.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:48 am

Shueisha typically has international branches (or, at the very least, a small team or even just a singular sales manager) that handles things for particular regions. They're the ones that manage that day-to-day stuff. You mentioned Peru, so I pulled up a 2009 article where the sales manager there is specifically listed as someone named Eduardo Lucio (who appears to handle sales and licensing in all of Latin America, or at least did so in 2009).

If you did happen to get in contact with someone at Shueisha headquarters, and you did manage to get through the language barrier somehow, and they did feel the need to respond to someone that isn't a part of some other corporate entity, they'd more than likely just refer you to said local team or manager.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 am

As per his LinkedIn profile, Lucio don't seem to work for Toei anymore, he left on 2011. As the licensed product have been always the anime, the position I should be searching for is "Toei sales manager for Latin America". That's so useful to know. Thanks!! :D

Would contact the CM of the Facebook fan page could count for OT, btw?
https://www.facebook.com/toeianimation/

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm

You have been very kind. And helpful. Thank you. :)