A new Dragon Ball card game announced

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mizkaz

A new Dragon Ball card game announced

Post by Mizkaz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 pm

http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/
God that trailer is awful but it looks neat. Also they apparently use both ssgss and blue.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: A new Dragon Ball card game announced

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Dear god, that guy does not give one iota of a shit
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:02 pm

From the website: "The Dragon Ball Super Card Game is a card game with characters from not just Dragon Ball Super, but countless other Dragon Ball series!"

I'm pretty sure I can count the number of Dragonball series's. It's three. A couple more if you count video game characters.

"Cards use 2 kinds of illustrations:CG and anime!"

The cards are all 2D though, and doesn't CG count as "anime" anyway? Actually, if nothing is moving can it be anime at all? Whats an animu?

Anyway, looks like Yuugi battled Cell a bit too soon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Isn't this just ICardass?

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:24 pm

I'm... actually pretty excited! Take my parents wallets Bandai!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Ooh, I'd love to play this. I hope it comes to Canada. With this card game and the toys selling here, maybe one day Cartoon Network will be pressured into airing Super so our fanbase won't go extinct!!!
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Eurgh is it me or does it look like that crappy promo artist doing FUNi covers is doing some of these?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 pm

This seems really weird, since...isn't the revived version of the old DBZ card game still going, or did it get the axe? Why do Super as an entirely new card game when you could just do Super stuff as an expansion of that game?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

chaosyoshimage
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaosyoshimage » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:This seems really weird, since...isn't the revived version of the old DBZ card game still going, or did it get the axe? Why do Super as an entirely new card game when you could just do Super stuff as an expansion of that game?
https://paniniamericadbz.wordpress.com/ ... more-10589

Panini's license sadly expired. They were doing a good job with the game and it seemed relatively popular back home in the states. Oddly, I don't think they distributed the game at all in the U.K., as I regularly frequent comic and game shops and have never seen them. Surprising since Panini is a European company and the franchise is relatively popular here. Hopefully, this new game shows up there, but I'm disappointed that Panini's game didn't get to run through all of Z, at least.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Huh, that's kind of sad. :cry: I just finally saw some packs of it at a local Dollar Tree after never being able to find the things even at Hastings. Guess I may pick up a few just for old time's sake if nothing else.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:11 am

Okay we got a release date according to previewsworld May 03! and a description:
In the months after the defeat of Majin Boo in Dragon Ball Z, all is quiet for Son Goku, his family and friends. But their idyllic life is cut short with the emergence of Beerus, God of Destruction. It's up to Goku to attain his Super Saiyan God mode and defend the Earth against this new threat... and the Dragon Ball Super Collectible Card Game puts you in the middle of the action with CG and Anime art emblazoned cards, available in Booster Packs (24 per display), Starter Packs (6 per display), and Special Pack Sets (6 per display)! Also available are official Card Sleeves (60 per pack), Deck Boxes, and an illustrated playmat!
So in other words the products we are getting are:
Booster packs
Card Sleeves
Deck Box
Playmat
Special Pack
And a starter set.

Pretty big roll out tbh I am interested! :)