Dragon Ball to be featured in Barbican Art Gallery in London!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Dragon Ball to be featured in Barbican Art Gallery in London!

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Starting from March 23, Dragon Ball will be featured at the prestigious Barbican Art Gallery in London. It is part of The Japanese House Architecture and Life after 1945, an exhibition held until June 25, and co-organized by the Japan Foundation and the Barbican.
An extract of the original 1986 animated series will showcase the inventive world of Dragon Ball and the famous Capsule houses created by Akira Toriyama, and draw parallels with the actual work of visionary Japanese architects from the 1970's.
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1781

Pretty cool! :) Might try and check it out if I'm down in the capital.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball to be featured in Barbican Art Gallery in London!

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:25 am

Congratulations Mr Toriyama and to all of DB!
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball to be featured in Barbican Art Gallery in London!

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Wow! This is pretty neat. Now I wish I was going to London next month instead of November. Side note for Dragon Ball fans in London: Go to Japan Craft in Camden Market. It's a terrific place to buy DB figurines and posters.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu