Original Manga Colored Pages in Full Color Edition

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Original Manga Colored Pages in Full Color Edition

Post by ecrockedboston » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm

I just recently picked up the full color Saiyan and Freeza arcs. I really think that color breathes some fantastic new life into the manga. However, I enjoy the original colors much better. I kind of wish they went that route instead. What do you guys think?
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Original Manga Colored Pages in Full Color Edition

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:12 pm

As much as I've grown to like the Full Color editions lately, I have to admit that Toriyama's colored pages are far superior. That said, it would be pretty jarring if they digitally colored everything except the original colored pages since they take such different approaches. The best route they could have gone is to do what they did with screen tone; Color over it, but leave the texture intact.
Retired.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Re: Original Manga Colored Pages in Full Color Edition

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:38 pm

I prefer the original color pages as well but there really was no good way to handle it. I think ideally we would have seen all pages colored with the same kind of dyes but that would have taken ages (and thus would have been very expensive).