Would you consider Lunch to be a battle maid?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Would you consider Lunch to be a battle maid?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:49 am

She doesn't wear the uniform enough. But I would consider her an early prototype of the battle maid, which led to other maids like Roberta and Mey-Rin.

"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Would you consider Lunch to be a battle maid?

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:23 pm

I don't think she wore the uniform enough to really be considered the forerunner of the battle maid.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Not in a literal context, but given that she does basically run the Kame House for a time then I do think it works as a description, if only by coincidence. I don't think there was any effort on Toriyama's part to fall into that sort of category.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:56 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Not in a literal context, but given that she does basically run the Kame House for a time then I do think it works as a description, if only by coincidence. I don't think there was any effort on Toriyama's part to fall into that sort of category.
Well, that category came into existence around the early 2000s, with the advent of the maid animes Mahoromatic. That's why I mentioned that she may be a prototype of the genre.

If they did anything with Lunch it would be a cool update to see her kicking ass in a maid uniform.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.