Kai vs. Z Dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Kai vs. Z Dub

Post by Ripper 30 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:53 pm

ABED wrote:
Also, I always found Tiffany Volmer's Bulma to be very forced with the Dialogue Delivery and very cheesy at times whereas the Bang Zoom Dub, Tfs Bulma and Monica Rial are much better than Volmer in sounding more smooth and Feminine and definitely not like an Annoying Valley Girl
Even though I'm usually all for criticizing early FUNi performances, please stop including TFS on the list of dubs. It's not only because I dislike the product, it's because it's not DB. It's a DB parody.
Yes I see your point, but here I was just mentioning tfs bulma just to show how even the other non-official bulma voices are way better than Volmer's Bulma even from the Latino Dub clips I watched, even they got a sweet Voice for bulma because she is always supposed to sound more feminine and sweet not The valley girl that Volmer made her. But, you are right even if TFS is the most popular Parody still it's no official dub but if we look at DBZ FUNi Dub, it was also not any less than a Fandub, they too had low budget and the voice actors were green and all and despite being an official dub it was so cheap and sounded more like official Parody but the sad thing is that even in 2017 when Kai is Fully dubbed people still prefer that dub over Kai, and even some YouTube Channels are spreading misinformation by saying "DBZ is far Superior Dub" and even in Watchmojo Latest Best Dubbed Anime list, DBZ Dub literally got the no.1 Spot :cry:
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:58 pm

I get that DBZ Season 3 was ultra low budget, but it's still official and it's DBZ. DBZA is a parody.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:
ABED wrote:
Also, I always found Tiffany Volmer's Bulma to be very forced with the Dialogue Delivery and very cheesy at times whereas the Bang Zoom Dub, Tfs Bulma and Monica Rial are much better than Volmer in sounding more smooth and Feminine and definitely not like an Annoying Valley Girl
Even though I'm usually all for criticizing early FUNi performances, please stop including TFS on the list of dubs. It's not only because I dislike the product, it's because it's not DB. It's a DB parody.
Yes I see your point, but here I was just mentioning tfs bulma just to show how even the other non-official bulma voices are way better than Volmer's Bulma even from the Latino Dub clips I watched, even they got a sweet Voice for bulma because she is always supposed to sound more feminine and sweet not The valley girl that Volmer made her. But, you are right even if TFS is the most popular Parody still it's no official dub but if we look at DBZ FUNi Dub, it was also not any less than a Fandub, they too had low budget and the voice actors were green and all and despite being an official dub it was so cheap and sounded more like official Parody but the sad thing is that even in 2017 when Kai is Fully dubbed people still prefer that dub over Kai, and even some YouTube Channels are spreading misinformation by saying "DBZ is far Superior Dub" and even in Watchmojo Latest Best Dubbed Anime list, DBZ Dub literally got the no.1 Spot :cry:
Ignore what Watchmojo says. I rarely agree with what they say and I facepalmed for who they chose as the best actor of the 1960's..
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.