Japanese Dragon Ball websites?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Japanese Dragon Ball websites?

Post by SylentEcho » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:58 am

Do Japanese websites similar to Kanzenshuu with interviews, guides and the like, exist out there? Or websites that delve deep into Dragon Ball, with articles, character studies, etc. We've even got a wiki, albeit a rubbish one; but do they even have one in Japanese?

I always wondered, if the rest of the world was more enthused and obsessed over Dragon Ball than Japan was. I hope that isn't the case, though. :wink:

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Re: Japanese Dragon Ball websites?

Post by LuckyCat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:49 am

Shueisha's 30th anniversary site is a good resource for current events and DB info in Japanese, but I don't know of a fan site of Kanzenshuu's caliber in Japanese.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:28 am

As far as I'm aware, not really.

Kei17, a Japanese user that used to post here regularly, said that he was glad Kanzenshuu existed since there wasn't any sole hub for Dragon Ball content in Japan's community. People are spread out over various message boards like 2ch and whatnot.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Please try to keep things on-topic. Thanks!

Paging Julian to answer a little more in-depth. My experience is that there have been a few well-known blogs (general interest, collectors, or even specific things like battle power charts), but these are far and few between, and were/are never meant to be "hubs"; rather, they are just treated as little side projects.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Seeing as how Google Translate doesn't do a very good job, have you guys at Kanzenshuu (Mike, Hujio etc.) thought of making a Japanese version of Kanzenshuu?

I think it's pretty sad, that there probably isn't anything even remotely like this out there. I thought Dragon Ball would have something like that for Japanese people, considering how old the anime is for them. I wonder if this is the case for anime in general there, or if it's just Dragon Ball that isn't getting too much 'internet love'.

I wonder if Kei17 and Julian have more info about other websites.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Japan seems to just discuss anime on their twitters or 2ch. For some reason they don't have dedicated sites/forums like the U.S. does. I notice this not just for Dragonball but other anime like Pokemon, etc too.