Vegeta being absent for 30 episodes in a row (Buu Saga)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Vegeta being absent for 30 episodes in a row (Buu Saga)

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

TheMikado wrote:Didn't dig the Buu tag team and my least favorite fight but it was something they hadn't done before.

Basically seeing Vegeta and Goku onscreen together isn't enjoyable for me because Vegeta basically lives in Gokus shadow as Goku is the protagonist.

Vegeta doesn't need to have involvement in every arc, especially the filler arcs.
That's why I liked it so much, it wasn't over used like it is now. I still like it now but their team up against Buu will always be my favoite cause it was the 1st and I think the best done.

In the manga's Black arc Vegeta was the protagonist.

I don't care about the filler arcs but as he's my favorite I think I'd lose complete interest if he wasn't involved in a main one.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Gokû and Vegeta as a team (even a dysfunctional one) is one of my favorite Dragon Ball things. It's a big part of why I was initially so disappointed in this current arc, but I'm enjoying watching Gokû traveling around gathering his team so that's taking some of the edge off for me.

I don't like seeing them split up, but the ending of Z deems it so.

DBO's ending has my back though with its "actually just wait a few more decades and they'll run off together to go out in a blaze of glory of a final ultimate battle".
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I get so sick of him after he *yawn* once again serves as the cause of death and destruction on a massive scale that I never miss him when he's gone for the Boo Arc. I'm glad he's gone so it gives me time to not absolutely loathe him for how incredibly less than useless he is. And then, thankfully, when he does come back, he stops being such a load and actually manages to accomplish a few things.
Hilarious statement, Gaffer Tape. I can relate to it quite a bit though I still like Vegeta.

I was personally a bit perplexed by Vegeta's absence but I think it was good that he showed up when he did because we got to see Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan in action before Vegetto was born. The Buu fight is arguably the one where Vegeta's the least stupid as compared to his other ones.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:51 pm

I was fine with it personally. It was perfectly in-keeping with the story. I also really liked the Buu Saga, aside from the whole Gotenks thing.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:59 pm

ABED wrote:The stakes being high isn't enough. You have to actually care about whether the protagonists accomplish their goal(s). A personal goal can be just as effective as end of the universe stakes.
I'd say caring about the protagonist and their goal contributes heavily to what makes high stakes. Like, I wouldn't call the threat to Trunks timeline in Super that high stakes if it wasn't for the fact that it was F!Trunks, as well as how Super made us care about the humans (Which I think in a first in Dragonball) there who were constantly struggling to survive, while also completely willing to do what they could.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017