Dragon Ball and Knights of The Zodiac (No not Saint Seiya)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Dragon Ball and Knights of The Zodiac (No not Saint Seiya)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Ok It IS Saint Seiya... but NOT as you knew it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

Who had it worse DB or Saint Seiya? Que piensan de esto los Latinos del Foro? Os Brasileiros?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball and Knights of The Zodiac (No not Saint Seiya)

Post by gregoryluis09 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:52 pm

I think Saint Seiya had it way worse because Dragon Ball actually got a full uncut English dub (despite the accuracy) and Saint Seiya's uncut dub stopped right on half of the series, never returning.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:24 am

SS never got a full uncut dub sadly. Not to mention DB fans can watch the whole series from start to finish subbed while SS fans don't really have. Both Lupin the 3rd and Saint Seiya came out on TV too late in the US in the early-mid 2000's. If Pioneer dub Saint Seiya in the early-mid 90's, we would have got a good dub from Ocean Group or Animaze. Even a Saint Seiya dub from Streamline would have been cool too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

Actually, all of Saint Seiya's been released (subtitled-only) by New Video. So you CAN watch the whole series subtitled if you want to.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue May 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Saint Seiya.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Puto wrote:Actually, all of Saint Seiya's been released (subtitled-only) by New Video. So you CAN watch the whole series subtitled if you want to.
I hear the subs on that set is awful.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue May 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Precure have it even worse since Saban got rights, it started to adapt it as series called Glitter Force, they completely changed names, dialogue, over all, its 4Kids/early 1990's all over again, and because Saban owns rights now, Italy cant acquire rights for more Precure series, and have to air Glitter Force insstead :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 pm

I love Precure but that's not the question set out by the thread. I want to forget Glitter Force please.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Puto wrote:Actually, all of Saint Seiya's been released (subtitled-only) by New Video. So you CAN watch the whole series subtitled if you want to.
I thought they only released the Sanctuary arc. Did they do the rest on a DVD set I haven't heard of or are you referring to streaming options?
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube