Should I open?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Should I open?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Just got this on laserdisc Brand New. Debating if I should open it or not

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Should I open?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Why not? If you're not going to use it, why buy it in the first place?
Retired.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 23, 2017 3:17 am

If it's worth a lot then don't.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 am

If you can sell it for a higher price down the road and being unopened is gonna make it easier, don't open it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue May 23, 2017 3:32 am

You can never know if its really 'Brand New' just because it's sealed. You can easily re-seal an item.

*Edit*

Looks like you've already opened it anyway lol viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38583

ThatFanaticJackatoo

Post by ThatFanaticJackatoo » Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Why'd you buy it then in the first place unless you were going to re sell it?

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:45 pm

ThatFanaticJackatoo wrote:Why'd you buy it then in the first place unless you were going to re sell it?
This.

Don't open it if you're going to sell it.
If you plan on keeping it, just open it and enjoy it. Realistically, as long as you keep it really nice, it should still sell for a great price if you decide to sell it a few years down the line anyway.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
ThatFanaticJackatoo wrote:Why'd you buy it then in the first place unless you were going to re sell it?
This.

Don't open it if you're going to sell it.
If you plan on keeping it, just open it and enjoy it. Realistically, as long as you keep it really nice, it should still sell for a great price if you decide to sell it a few years down the line anyway.
I ended up doing that cutting the wrap along the opening to keep it in best shape possible

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Open it if you've got a Laserdisc player, but keep it in mint condition if you don't.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

ShinkenRed

Post by ShinkenRed » Mon May 29, 2017 9:41 am

Try to verify if it's a legit original seal. If not, then it's no big deal to open it. If it's the original seal I personally wouldn't open it and would probably get one of those LP frames from Michaels and display it that way. I'm pretty sure finding an already open one wouldn't be an issue if you really wanted to watch it.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon May 29, 2017 10:45 am

I say don't open it and sell it. There's no other reason to buy a laserdisc besides collecting them. It's a terrible format. The visual quality isn't that much better than VHS (I'm sure some videophile will dispute this claim and they will be objectively correct, but I never saw that much of a difference), they are expensive, and need to be turned over depending on the length of the movie.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon May 29, 2017 2:37 pm

ABED wrote:I say don't open it and sell it. There's no other reason to buy a laserdisc besides collecting them. It's a terrible format. The visual quality isn't that much better than VHS (I'm sure some videophile will dispute this claim and they will be objectively correct, but I never saw that much of a difference), they are expensive, and need to be turned over depending on the length of the movie.
You're absolutely correct! LD's had a much sharper image than VHS :thumbup:. There's really no reason to collect them unless it's for some special thing you have to have that was never released elsewhere.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People