Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Link: https://youtu.be/wcNvMW4s9a8

Official image:
Last edited by cheddarsword on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:24 am, edited 12 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Supergirl

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Considering what the last Death Battle thread devolved into, I don't think this is a great idea...

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Considering what the last Death Battle thread devolved into, I don't think this is a great idea...
I thought there was a thread already. I thought it might just be a discussion on IF they fought, not that they would be fighting.

Well, provided we can all keep our heads about this, I'll update the first post with the links to the intro videos as they release them.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:50 pm

If they're doing this, I'd like them to do one of these:

Videl vs. Catwoman
Videl vs. Sakura Kasugano
Videl vs. Sonya Blade
Chi-Chi vs. Hinata Hyuga
Chi-Chi vs. Chun-Li

Debates won't be that heated...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed May 24, 2017 3:01 pm

I like both. So I'm fine with whatever.

But every time a Dragonball character gets involved in these, there always seems to be a storm of curses.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 3:09 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:If they're doing this, I'd like them to do one of these:

Videl vs. Catwoman
Videl vs. Sakura Kasugano
Videl vs. Sonya Blade
Chi-Chi vs. Hinata Hyuga
Chi-Chi vs. Chun-Li

Debates won't be that heated...
I could live with VIdel vs. Sakura Kusagano and Chi-Chi vs. Chun Li. Those two matchups seem a lot more evenly matched. I say this because Videl is a bit beyond Catwoman's level but i'm not sure she could handle Sonya Blade's crushing legs. Sakura seems like a fair matchup as both characters usage of Ki is rather limited.

The same would go for Chi-Chi vs. Chun-Li. Granted, Chun-Li is a bit more of an experienced fighter than Chi-Chi but I feel like, limited though it is, Hinata's Ki usage is seemingly more lethal and she is a bit harder to kill (See: Hinata vs. Pain).

This though... Wouldn't Supergirl have the same powers as Superman? Feats accomplished aside, she's the same race with the same powers and same method of obtaining those powers. Granted, she hasn't spent time in the sun that I know of but would that much matter?

I guess on one side of things, she likely hasn't mastered the laser powered lobotomy, so at least if there's a cheap victory, it won't be that one again.

I just can't help but draw comparisons between this fight and the Goku vs. Superman Death Battles.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 pm

According to DB Superman would beat Goku in a fight... No scratch that they say Superman has infinite strength and durability.

So why would they put Supergirl who is about as powerful as Superman against #18 who Goku would one shot before she could blink?

Why don't they put Beerus in a Death Battle for goodness sake his feats are beastly while all #18 has in power scaling, she's never really done anything that impressive.

Wait... That's Captain Marvel not Supergirl. Get outta here OP! :lol:

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 3:31 pm

The Monkey King wrote:According to DB Superman would beat Goku in a fight... No scratch that they say Superman has infinite strength and durability.

So why would they put Supergirl who is about as powerful as Superman against #18 who Goku would one shot before she could blink?

Why don't they put Beerus in a Death Battle for goodness sake his feats are beastly while all #18 has in power scaling, she's never really done anything that impressive.

Wait... That's Captain Marvel not Supergirl. Get outta here OP! :lol:
I had thought about Beerus but that too may be a bit OP as the Hakai technique could just erase any and all DC characters. If in fact the skill can eliminate those who are actually stronger than the Hakaishin that's using it. Frankly, it would seem like a worthless Hakaishin only skill if it couldn't.

Anyway, since this is happening like it or not, it may be worth looking into character feats and maybe look into making up our own formula? Because let's face it, they're gonna scale her to Vegeta who will be scaled to Goku and I just KNOW that the infamous "Gravity Formula" is going to rear it's ugly head.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 24, 2017 3:56 pm

cheddarsword wrote: I had thought about Beerus but that too may be a bit OP as the Hakai technique could just erase any and all DC characters.
Oh no no no, watch them pull a Superman can't be erased because now he has infinity lives as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Dragon Ball track record in Death Battle so far:

Vegeta vs Shadow the Hedgehog = DB wins
Goku vs Superman = DB Loses
Kirby vs Majin Bu = DB Loses
Goku vs Superman round 2 = DB Loses
Dan Hibiki vs Mr. Satan = DB Wins

Android 18 vs Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) = ???? (DB is likely to lose once again)

op change the thread title.
Last edited by Neo-Makaiōshin on Wed May 24, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 24, 2017 4:15 pm

This would of been better if they waited until after the US arc where she'd have more feats then the very few shows of power she actually has. Also, isn't Captain Marvel known for being able to stand up to Superman; not beat him, just knock the guy around a bit before getting his shit kicked in.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Dragon Ball track record in Death Battle so far:

Vegeta vs Shadow the Hedgehog = DB wins
Goku vs Superman = DB Loses
Kirby vs Majin Bu = DB Loses
Goku vs Superman round 2 = DB Loses
Dan Hibiki vs Mr. Satan = DB Wins

Android 18 vs Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) = ???? (DB is likely to lose once again)

op change the thread title.
Wait, It's Captain Marvel? *Checks* ...Oh shit I f***ed up... Also for some reason, I posted a wrong link to the video too. FIXING!

EDIT: FIXED! Please excuse this most horrid of f*** ups.

SO THEN! Captain Marvel... Who is she again? Sorry, my DC and Marvel knowledge is limited to the main characters, Justice League and Avengers. Anything else is limited.

dbzfan619

Re: Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Captain Marvel

Post by dbzfan619 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:56 pm

I don't understand. If they were gonna do some DBZ vs DC/Marvel battles, why couldn't they have used some high-tier characters like Beerus, Frieza or Vegeta (again)? I thought Goku vs Superman already proved that DC was too OP for the DB verse, or at the least no one can compare with Superman. It would be more fair if they gave a better measure with someone a lot more powerful than 18.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 24, 2017 6:47 pm

I would say Android 18 has a great shot here considering that these days Captain Marvel cant even scratch the Hulk.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Gog wrote:I would say Android 18 has a great shot here considering that these days Captain Marvel cant even scratch the Hulk.
That's probably a good point of reference too, what with Broly actually taking the Hulk down in the two YouTube videos they actually fight in.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
Gog wrote:I would say Android 18 has a great shot here considering that these days Captain Marvel cant even scratch the Hulk.
That's probably a good point of reference too, what with Broly actually taking the Hulk down in the two YouTube videos they actually fight in.
Broly has only ever taken Hulk down in One Minute Melee, which isn't determined by any logic at all. If they both faced off in a real battle Hulk would effortlessly defeat him.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Gog wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
Broly has only ever taken Hulk down in One Minute Melee, which isn't determined by any logic at all. If they both faced off in a real battle Hulk would effortlessly defeat him.
Actually, though I wouldn't put them in the same league as Death Battle, Cartoon Fight Club had them go at it and Broly won there too. Fair warning though, the video can be cringe inducing. Especially after the fight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Ixd2p5-DM

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
Gog wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
Actually, though I wouldn't put them in the same league as Death Battle, Cartoon Fight Club had them go at it and Broly won there too. Fair warning though, the video can be cringe inducing. Especially after the fight...

Hulk lost because he apparently couldn't breathe in space. Which, is something that every single one of his incarnations is capable of doing.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Gog wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
Gog wrote:

Hulk lost because he apparently couldn't breathe in space. Which, is something that every single one of his incarnations is capable of doing.
Eh, fair enough. I don't really take that guy very seriously anyway due to inaccurate info being used (more frequently than Death Battle) and poor quality fights. He also uses fan made characters for some battles.

I just find it hard to accept that someone who can flatten a galaxy would have a hard time fighting someone who, under stress mind you, has the power to at best, destroy planets. Most fighters in Dragon Ball had already achieved Planet Buster (World Breaker?) status by the time the first Broly movie came out and some of them could do it without really trying.

Also, with this being said, let it be stated that since 18 could smack Vegeta around before his first trip to the RoSaT (hell, she BROKE HIS ARM!) she should be at Planet Buster status.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 pm

cheddarsword wrote: I just find it hard to accept that someone who can flatten a galaxy would have a hard time fighting someone who, under stress mind you, has the power to at best, destroy planets. Most fighters in Dragon Ball had already achieved Planet Buster (World Breaker?) status by the time the first Broly movie came out and some of them could do it without really trying.
Broly isn't actually capable of destroying a Galaxy. The movie is rather inconsistent on this fact, Kaio makes a statement about Broly having torn up the Galaxy, but later he tells Goku that it's still there. In fact there is repeated flash backs of Broly destroying whole entire cites when he was a preteen. There's also the fact that every movie villain has to be around the same scale of power as the heroes themselves.

Also, Hulk is capable of breaking the Time Space Barrier:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lighting up a whole dimension:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And he picked up something that weighed as much as a star, while he was in a weaker incarnation.