What If Krillin Killed Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ThatFanaticJackatoo

What If Krillin Killed Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga?

Post by ThatFanaticJackatoo » Wed May 24, 2017 8:42 pm

As you all recall at the end of the Saiyan Saga, Krillin was going to kill Vegeta but Goku stopped him, telling him to show Vegeta what mercy feels like. So, I wonder what would've happened if Goku never stopped Krillin?

A few things I think would've happened:
-The Cell Games would've been much harder for the Z Fighters to win, due to the fact that Future Trunks never came to warn them about the Androids
-Frieza wouldn't have called the Ginyu Force to Namek
-Krillin would've got destroyed by Dodoria or Zarbon.
-It would've been much harder to defeat Majin Boo, because there would be no Gotenks or Vegito.

So yeah, thats a few. Anything else?

RainMaker6879

Re: What If Krillin Killed Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga?

Post by RainMaker6879 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Android 19 probably would have been much harder to defeat.
Also in the Buu fight, he wouldn't be there to hold off Kid Buu while Goku charged the Spirit Bomb.
During the Father-Son Kamehameha he wouldn't have been there to distract Cell.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 pm

I would have been freakin' sikk

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 pm

ThatFanaticJackatoo wrote:As you all recall at the end of the Saiyan Saga, Krillin was going to kill Vegeta but Goku stopped him, telling him to show Vegeta what mercy feels like. So, I wonder what would've happened if Goku never stopped Krillin?

A few things I think would've happened:
-The Cell Games would've been much harder for the Z Fighters to win, due to the fact that Future Trunks never came to warn them about the Androids
The Androids would have killed everyone because Trunks never warned them, just like in his original timeline.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 am

If that happened, Freeza would have gathered all of the Dragon Balls and become immortal before Goku arrived. Also, the Androids would destroy Earth a few years later, leaving Earth a mess. Eventually, a less powerful Cell would emerge, but wouldn't be able to absorb the androids. A few years after that, Bobbidi and Dabra would come to Earth, but wouldn't be able to revive Boo.

Basically, the universe is very depressing if Vegeta dies.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 am

Someone besides Trunks would have traveled to the past with Bulma's medicine, perhaps. Even if it was Yajirobe.

Normally Goku might've been equally stupid when confronting Imperfect Cell, but I don't think he'd endanger the Androids' lives like Vegeta did. The lack of temptation for a Goku/Vegeta rematch also would have led to Buu being dispatched even faster than in Trunks's timeline.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:Someone besides Trunks would have traveled to the past with Bulma's medicine, perhaps. Even if it was Yajirobe.
Was the shot of the Androids killing him filler?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu May 25, 2017 12:11 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:Someone besides Trunks would have traveled to the past with Bulma's medicine, perhaps. Even if it was Yajirobe.
He was alive and well in the DBS anime, and we never saw his death in the original manga.
Retired.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:12 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
He was alive and well in the DBS anime, and we never saw his death in the original manga.
Oh. I forgot about that. :lol: I guess he would have gone then. :mrgreen:

If that was the case, then I guess 17 and 18 wouldn't have been reactivated because Trunks wouldn't have been there to distract Piccolo from finishing Gero.

veggiechan

Post by veggiechan » Thu May 25, 2017 12:43 am

Gohan and krillin die against Guldo, Frieza probably gathers all 7 dragon balls before Goku arrives. Lol quick end to the story.

There was an old SNES game (one of the gokuden ones?) that played out situations like this and many others. A cool one I know of is the what-if scenario where Goku refuses to let go of Raditz' tail the first time he grabs it. Raditz detaches his tail, gets free at the last second and Goku gets killed by the Makankosappo. Gohan then kills piccolo in anger but basically Raditz wins and takes over earth with the other saiyans.

ThatFanaticJackatoo

Post by ThatFanaticJackatoo » Thu May 25, 2017 1:03 am

Basically Z wouldn't be Z without our favorite vegetable

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 am

I guess in a world if Toriyama found a way for Goku to still win to defeat Freeza without Vegeta would be very different. I guess we would have fan art of SSj Vegeta on the web as a what if form :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dreddgxdkira

Post by Dreddgxdkira » Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 am

Qaaman did a video on this topic https://youtu.be/9AgsnceFghc

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu May 25, 2017 1:52 am

The first thing that springs to mind is that Krillin and Gohan probably wouldn't have survived on Namek, and if they hadn't survived on Namek then there is a good chance Frieza would've been successful in his plan. Beyond that, literally everything would've been completely different.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.