Kazuya Nakai's voice for a DB character

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Kazuya Nakai's voice for a DB character

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu May 25, 2017 5:03 am

Kazuya Nakai, the voice of Tagoma, is best known as the voice of Roronoa Zoro (One Piece) and Hijikata (Gintama), a mayonnaise-eating samurai.

It would have been hilarious if his character had instead been named Mayonnaise, as a homage to his Gintama role. Or would it be too obvious a joke for DB?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kazuya Nakai's voice for a DB character

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:58 pm

NO PUN IS TOO OBVIOUS FOR DRAGON BALL!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 25, 2017 10:04 pm

I would like if they gave to him a major role in Dragon Ball. Tagoma is just a minor character, but he is a top-notch actor.

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Fri May 26, 2017 7:30 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:It would have been hilarious if his character had instead been named Mayonnaise, as a homage to his Gintama role. Or would it be too obvious a joke for DB?
It's technically already been done with Neiz, one of the member's of Cooler's Armored Squadron. Also Mayonne (Flea in the English version) from Chrono Trigger, if one wants to count that since Toriyama.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun May 28, 2017 3:18 am

Theophrastus wrote:It's technically already been done with Neiz, one of the member's of Cooler's Armored Squadron.
Oh, it's done. Okay.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.