Dragon Ball School Rumors?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball School Rumors?

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 am

Dragon Ball AF was passed around after that "Super Saiyan 5 Goku" picture first came out. You know the one, the one that looks like it was hand-drawn and colored with pencils or something. Apparently that was Akira Toriyama's new character design. But even back then, AF was just supposedly being prepared to be made and nobody actually believed stories about the plot. Plus, it was always obvious to me that all of those pictures were fake (such as that Super Saiyan 3 Goku with blue hair, etc.).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 am

I might have been slightly too old at the time for traditional school rumors, but for the closest equivalent:

As I was just getting my footing online in very late 1997 / very early 1998, I vividly remember there being a "Broli uses the Dragon Balls to revive Nappa and Raditz to fight Goku in one of the later movies" tidbit passed around as fact.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Oh man! DBZ Folders with print outs of artwork was a good chunk of my entire school life for the 1st and 2nd grade! I lugged that shit with me to class everyday to show them off. Though only one of us in the school had seen it in japanese thus he was the only one that knew what any of the artwork meant. I even managed to make a few bucks selling them for a dollar each. The movie posters were my favorite thing to have printed out. Had to stop printing that stuff out eventually because my parents were not happy about me using all the ink.
I remember kids would always bring prints of all of the old artwork, mostly from old Geocities sites. that's where I learned of Geocities, and where I saw a bulk of the art featured on Kunzait's Tumblr. So damn nostalgic. :mrgreen:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash