A question to the white subbies (don't worry it's not what you think)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: A question to the white subbies (don't worry it's not what you think)

Post by Kid Buu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:04 am

PelicanDynasty wrote:Always thought this seems like it would be the case, but I'm also in NJ and to be honest I've never seen anyone in real life ever get ripped for this, period.
Really? I hear it all the time in California. Heck, I even heard it being used when I was in Pakistan.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:50 am

Freedom of speech is a (quasi-)guarantee by certain governments protecting your right to express certain types of ideas and viewpoints without said government censoring you or retaliating.

This has nothing to do with being an asshole on a discussion forum about a children's cartoon from Japan. We are not your government, and we don't have to put up with your hate-filled bullshit.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:12 am

Kid Buu wrote:
PelicanDynasty wrote:Always thought this seems like it would be the case, but I'm also in NJ and to be honest I've never seen anyone in real life ever get ripped for this, period.
Really? I hear it all the time in California. Heck, I even heard it being used when I was in Pakistan.
Interesting, but nope, never hear it here. So in your experience are other minorities safe from being grilled for it or is everyone subject to it?

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:36 am

Definitely the latter, but to be honest, it just seems people are saying it in more of a teasing way than calling someone out.

Now personally, I don't have a problem if people want to indulge in Japanese media. My only problem is that I have seen a lot of time people thinking Japan is some sort of utopia because it produces their favourite cartoons and video games. Niche media doesn't define all of Japan, and much like every other country in the world, Japan has its own social and political issues.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:25 pm

My friend asked me to post this:

(it would be great if you could read the entire post before deciding what to do with it - it explains everything pretty well)
VegettoEX wrote:Freedom of speech is a (quasi-)guarantee by certain governments protecting your right to express certain types of ideas and viewpoints without said government censoring you or retaliating.

This has nothing to do with being an asshole on a discussion forum about a children's cartoon from Japan. We are not your government, and we don't have to put up with your hate-filled bullshit.
Thanks for participation in my experiment. I wanted to check one thing, and I got my answer.
Kunzait_83 wrote:Have I got all that right? Because I've heard this nonsensical garbage before, and at NO point has it EVER sounded like anything other than the demented, absurd ramblings of an utter moron. Which make no mistake, is exactly what you are here. Especially even more so seeing as how (according to your location there) you're from Poland. A Polish kid pulling out Nazi analogies over a fucking children's cartoon show. That's x2 idiot points for you.

And I couldn't give a fuck less that I'm breaking the site's "Keep it Shonen" rule here: in cases like yours, I'll happily make an exception and have no problems whatsoever with insulting you personally and directly for being dumb enough to buy into and help propagate backward-assed, knuckle-dragging nonsense like this. If one of the mods wants to give me a "strike" or whatever for it, then fine I'll take it, doesn't even phase me here.

I've no idea how old you are, but even if you're 12 or something, that's STILL no excuse for spewing this toxic sludge, and your parents should be slapped (at minimum) for not doing their jobs properly with you. You're not a "free thinker" (especially since much of this shit your saying is just ripped word for word out of any given post on 8chan), and you're damn sure not being "cool and rebellious": that badge of honor is strictly reserved for people who take a stand against societal norms for a cause that's actually worth something and beneficial to others who are being unjustly oppressed against and shit on by the majority.

What you're doing here is actually the direct OPPOSITE of cool and rebellious: you're twisting basic logic (and relatively recent history, not to mention common sense) around to fit a forced victimization narrative where its women and minority groups who have had all the power, and its the poor, poor white man who is now shamed and victimized: shame and victimization that comes in the form of *GASP* characters in popular media now having to share space with more women, brown skinned, and gay/trans people than before.

Oh boo hoo! Its just like the Nazis all over again! Just like Jews who had to get forcibly thrown at gunpoint into a gas chamber and be poisoned/asphyxiated to death, I have to look at... ick, girls (GIRLS!! I mean they have cooties you know!) with SSJ hair on Dragon Ball once a week! I'm such a victim!

No, what it is that you're being here is at best a laughably ridiculous imbecile, and at worst a vile and disgusting piece of shit.
I wondered if I would be treated the same as “higher” users, so I decided to go full retard and check what will happen. Basaku did not deserve to be attacked like this, but I just wanted to use the first possible ocassion. I decided to leave the fanbase long ago. My love for the series limits to just watching it and listening to its soundtrack. That's why I am so crazy about home video / soundtrack releases. I kept my account only for the sake of my project (recruiting/contacting people). The project was finished, and I decided to finally end my career here. I cannot contribute to the site anymore and forum's content does not interest me. The only miscalculation was that I expected to get some kind of warning, and then I wanted to post a part of what I am posting now (if Kunzait got nothing, I expected nothing more than warning). It's a shame that I had no pleasure of deleting my account myself...
Do I have radically different views than people here or am I just degenerated and uneducated idiot? That actually doesn't matter. The fact is that I do not fit here and I did notice it long ago.

I wanted to commit suicide, but I was killed before I managed to do it! :lol:

By he way, I've read my older posts again and it seems that it's time to visit my psychiatrist. I got new medications not so long ago and I had a feeling that something is wrong. How I overreact to stuff is unnatural. I suffer from bipolar disorder (ICD-10: F31.9: ultra-ultra-rapid cycling), which causes extreme mood swings during the day. Sometimes you are happy, sometimes heavily depressed, sometimes barely alive, sometimes angry as shit. Emotions are just going completely crazy.
We do not have our beautiful flag, wide support, media coverage, financing and various words we can use to silence our enemies and defend ourselves. We just need to deal with being called psycho, dumb, and often hear that we are pretending to justify our aggresion, rudeness, laziness or stupidity.

Speaking about the freedom of speech, I described my definition many times: say what you want, but accept the consequences of your actions. Of course you don't have to put up with my hate-filled bullshit. If you want to know my opinion: ALL people who use this kind of language should be banned.
I said what I wanted and got my consequences. I accept/agree with all the accusations/opinions of users and administration except one: there are no universal rules for all the users here.

Speaking about debating political issues (in the future): this is not the place, my views aren't welcome here, but I'm ready to discuss them in some neutral and completely uncensored place. As they say “you cannot win the war when they can kill you but you cannot kill them”. If somebody is interested, contact me at viochman@wp.pl - I can explain my points in detail.

As for now, therapy + medications is what I need (Kunzait would probably send me to Auschwitz).
(if somebody would someday say that they are me - ignore/ban them. I'm not planning on visiting the forum)