Is there a Country that shows or has shown DB and DBZ in chronological order on TV?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Is there a Country that shows or has shown DB and DBZ in chronological order on TV?

Post by Dragon Sponge » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 pm

I wonder if there is a Country that shows or has shown all 444 Episodes of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in chronological order, instead of showing them seperated on tv, aside from the original broadcast of Japan or other Countrys when they got the show first. Was the complete Anime adaptation of the Manga ever rerun in one or more Countrys the way its supposed to be?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Is there a Country that shows or has shown DB and DBZ in chronological order on TV?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm

I mean, if you exclude countries that got the original Dragon Ball first because they got in on the action while it was still a relatively fresh series... you cut out a significant portion of your requested list!

I know it's not the first TV series, but the International Channel played all 291 episodes of Dragon Ball Z and went directly into all 64 episodes of Dragon Ball GT. There were no reruns, and the series did not come back on the channel after that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Is there a Country that shows or has shown DB and DBZ in chronological order on TV?

Post by Draconic » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Romania did it. Aired the whole of Dragon Ball on TVR1, then with Z it changed on TVR2 and got the equivalent of a PG rating. However it stopped airing somewhere during the Cell arc. Years later, on Animax, they aired GT subbed without reairing the other shows, so if you stretch it a little, it does fit.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Poland aired series in chronological order as well.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:48 am

Portugal. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT were aired between 1995-1999 on SIC and Super was premiered in 2016 on the same channel. the four series have / had reruns on SIC's sister channels (SIC Radical and SIC K). Kai 1.0 was also aired there and it premiered in 2012 on SIC Radical but it wasn't dubbed, it was shown in Japanese with Portuguese subtitles instead.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:12 am

VegettoEX wrote:I mean, if you exclude countries that got the original Dragon Ball first because they got in on the action while it was still a relatively fresh series... you cut out a significant portion of your requested list!

I know it's not the first TV series, but the International Channel played all 291 episodes of Dragon Ball Z and went directly into all 64 episodes of Dragon Ball GT. There were no reruns, and the series did not come back on the channel after that.
Draconic wrote:Romania did it. Aired the whole of Dragon Ball on TVR1, then with Z it changed on TVR2 and got the equivalent of a PG rating. However it stopped airing somewhere during the Cell arc. Years later, on Animax, they aired GT subbed without reairing the other shows, so if you stretch it a little, it does fit.
coola wrote:Poland aired series in chronological order as well.
TheRed259 wrote:ANT1 in Greece aired DragonBall in 1995 and DragonBall Z in 1998.
Tian wrote:Portugal. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT were aired between 1995-1999 on SIC and Super was premiered in 2016 on the same channel. the four series have / had reruns on SIC's sister channels (SIC Radical and SIC K). Kai 1.0 was also aired there and it premiered in 2012 on SIC Radical but it wasn't dubbed, it was shown in Japanese with Portuguese subtitles instead.
Tian wrote:Portugal. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT were aired between 1995-1999 on SIC and Super was premiered in 2016 on the same channel. the four series have / had reruns on SIC's sister channels (SIC Radical and SIC K). Kai 1.0 was also aired there and it premiered in 2012 on SIC Radical but it wasn't dubbed, it was shown in Japanese with Portuguese subtitles instead.
Thank you Guys, good to know that atleast some Countrys do it right.

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:55 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I mean, if you exclude countries that got the original Dragon Ball first because they got in on the action while it was still a relatively fresh series... you cut out a significant portion of your requested list!

Do you mean those late Sunday night airings? Holy hell, that was my intro to the Cell saga a good long time before it was aired on Toonami. I don't think Goku had finished Frieza at that point, as far as where we were with Toonami's airing. I watched it pretty religiously, over the course of years since they seemed to only air one episode a week... and I don't recall them airing the otherworld tournament. They skipped from Cell right into the Great Saiyaman Arc.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 am

Yes, it happened in Italy.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am

Most of non-English Europe showed everything in order.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.