What is Yamcha Reading?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

What is Yamcha Reading?

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:09 pm

So, random little question here - I'm currently re-watching the earlier bits of Kai before I get around to watching The Final Chapters, and I just came across this scene in episode 66, where Yamcha is hanging out at Goku's house while Chi Chi attends to her sick husband. For some reason, the book Yamcha's flipping through really stood out to me when it never did before.

That seems like a lot of detail on a throwaway image of a book for him to be flipping through. Is it supposed to be something more specific that makes more sense if you can read the kanji? Anyone have any idea what the cover reads as, or the stuff in the triforce symbol on the back?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Re: What is Yamcha Reading?

Post by LuckyCat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:39 pm

You mean this? This thread pretty much explains it, but overall it's really just Eastern-styled window dressing.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What is Yamcha Reading?

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:31 am

That's the one, thanks! Dunno why it only just now jumped out at me as something to look into though.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)