The only reason I bought the DragonBoxes...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

The only reason I bought the DragonBoxes...

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:52 am

I've owned the DragonBoxes for quite some time, love the footage, love the quality. But for me, what stood out the most is the packaging. For me, all I ask for from Funimation is to produce a set that just looks nice on the shelf. I'm tired of the same standard boring packaging. At the end of the day I value my Dboxes so much because of their appearance, and not because of the quality of the footage. I actually find myself watching the orange bricks far more often, just because I have to option of switching from the Faulconer bgm to the original Japanese(I enjoy Saiyan-Cell Saga in Japanese BGM, and Buu saga in Faulconer BGM) and because it just fits nicer on my big screen.
El Conejo Malo

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: The only reason I bought the DragonBoxes...

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:34 pm

I got the Dragon Boxes because I'm a completionist when it comes to a series that I love. I actually got the Japanese Z Dragon Boxes after I got the U.S. Dragon Boxes. There's no real difference in quality, but I just had to have them.

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:10 pm

I don't have the Dragon Boxes but I really want them to use the same footage on lower quality packaging to make it affordable, or just bring back the level sets

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 pm

I bought them because my inability to perceive the then-future, now-present-day reality of hd streaming media services meant I thought "Oh no, if I don't buy these now, I'll never be able to watch them again, at least not in this high quality." This was 2009 you see.

I still have them of course, and I plan to keep them, but there's little allure to me in physically owning tv shows and movies nowadays. Streaming is so much easier.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!