"Earth's Hell" - discussing the Other World(s)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

"Earth's Hell" - discussing the Other World(s)

Post by Fizzer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 am

In Resurrection F and Super we've seen the Hell that Freeza finds himself in referred to as "Earth's Hell". I think we may have also heard Enma/Yemma's place referred to as "Earth's" check-in station to the Other World.

Do you think this means each planet has a separate Heaven, a separate judge, even a separate Snake Way to their galaxy's Kaio that somehow remembers which planet's check-in station you left from on the way back? Do the Other Worlds associated with dead planets still exist? How different are they? Do they still have a Heaven/Hell or other systems entirely? What happens to people who die in space?

I imagine Toriyama probably never thought much of this through, but that the answer to the majority of these questions would be "yes". People who die in space probably arrive at the check-in for the nearest active planet or their home planet, and distance/transport likely works in strange ways. So it might be possible to get a taxi from one check-in to another, for example, or from any check-in to the Snake Road.

Do the Kaio/Kaioshin create a new Otherworld every time they create life on a new planet? :think:

Anyway, I was just wondering about this stuff and decided to see what everyone else had to say about it, and what odd questions other people had come up with :D

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: "Earth's Hell" - discussing the Other World(s)

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 am

I think Earth has its own hell. We know that when Kuririn died on Namek, it was alluded to that he did not end up in the same place as he would have had he died on Earth, so they wished him to the Earth's check-in station. Then later on, we see that there are north, south, east, and west Kaios, so I guess it's done by that way. Maybe Namek fell under a different quadrant (if that's the right word). In either event, it appears that Earth has its own thing going on.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 am

When Goku visits Yemma on his way to recruit Freeza for the Survival Tournament (Super), Yemma asks to make sure Frieza dies in different place, so he doesn't have to deal with him.

I think it's all conflicting info though, as Greatness25 said, when Kuririn died on Namek, he didn't end up in "Earths Hell", but Frieza did..

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:23 am

LordCrumb wrote: I think it's all conflicting info though, as Greatness25 said, when Kuririn died on Namek, he didn't end up in "Earths Hell", but Frieza did..
Wait, but Freeza died on earth, twice, I'm confused here.

Either way Yemma shouldn't worry, unless Freeza is wished back to life no one will have to deal with him if he dies. :lol:
Last edited by MR.Mark on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:24 am

Oh yes sorry, I forgot that he didn't actually die on Namek.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 am

LordCrumb wrote:when Kuririn died on Namek, he didn't end up in "Earths Hell"
IIRC, we never found that out for sure.

I can't remember if he received Kaio's training, but if he did, I don't think we ever actually saw him at the check-in station or anything. Since Kaio is the Kaio of the north galaxy, I imagine all the check-in stations and hells of that galaxy would have some way of getting to Snake Way, or otherwise some other way to get to Kaio's planet.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Krillin never met King Kai, so no he never received his training. The only time Krillin see's King Kai is in the Buu saga but that's filler after Kid Blew blows up the Earth.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Well there we are then.

So, if I remember correctly, Krillin was only dead in Z during the end of the Namek arc, and in the Boo arc after Super Boo kills everyone.

We never actually saw Krillin dead in the Namek arc, with the next time we see him after his death being when he's revived, so the only time we've seen Krillin dead properly is in the Boo arc when he actually did die on Earth, but we only saw him in the filler in that place heroes go, last seen in the afterlife tournament arc.

So "Earth's hell" isn't a retcon, or any kind of contradiction at all. It partially contradicts GT's Super #17 arc, but GT and Super are independent of one-another at the moment, so there's no contradiction there, really.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:06 pm

precita wrote:Krillin never met King Kai, so no he never received his training. The only time Krillin see's King Kai is in the Buu saga but that's filler after Kid Blew blows up the Earth.
Technically, they had a conversation in the Saiyan arc, when Goku passed the spirit bomb to Krillin's hands, if I'm not wrong.