Chris Sabat On the Big Green Dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Chris Sabat On the Big Green Dub

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Your conversation is no longer about the original topic. Please take it elsewhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ree
Regular

Post by Ree » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm late to this topic but this is really sad that they have to try and climb on top of others to feel superior. I can go on, but I think Ripper 30 sums it up perfectly:

"Look at those cocky FUNimation Guys ,the only reason, they got the roles was due to a cost saving measure by Funi. Instead of contracting REAL actors like Drummond and Corlett, they opted to use amateurs in-house. The licensing of DB was always with Funi, but they contracted Ocean Studios to dub it originally. The only reason Schemmel and Sabat have their jobs is as a cost saving measure enacted by Funi. people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones meaning"
Badass Metabee avatar created by Endless-warr!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:20 am

ABED wrote:I was around the fandom when Kelamis was FIRST cast and his performance wasn't well recieved.
It wouldn't be the most surprising thing if he wasn't well received at first. People were used to Ian and then this new guy just up and replaces him over 30 episodes in.
And it is in fact ridiculous that anyone puts pitch as the most important aspect of a performance. How is that a rational criterion for such a judgment?
That is a complete and utter oversimplification of what people like about Kelamis's Goku. They like that of the English Goku's he was the closest in spirit to Nozawa's Goku with his screams sounding very close to Nozawa's screams. World's Strongest is an often cited example of Kelamis channeling Nozawa.

I'm more of a Corlett guy myself.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:21 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
ABED wrote:I was around the fandom when Kelamis was FIRST cast and his performance wasn't well recieved.
It wouldn't be the most surprising thing if he wasn't well received at first. People were used to Ian and then this new guy just up and replaces him over 30 episodes in.
And it is in fact ridiculous that anyone puts pitch as the most important aspect of a performance. How is that a rational criterion for such a judgment?
That is a complete and utter oversimplification of what people like about Kelamis's Goku. They like that of the English Goku's he was the closest in spirit to Nozawa's Goku with his screams sounding very close to Nozawa's screams. World's Strongest is an often cited example of Kelamis channeling Nozawa.

I'm more of a Corlett guy myself.
It's ABED. He can't stand other people's opinions, such as someone liking Bruce Greenwood's Batman, Peter's Goku and Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor.

He's good to have a conversation with, but he also has a tendency to act as if his opinions are better than everyone else's.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:00 am

Your comments have nothing to do with the subject at hand and are not appropriate here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:51 pm

I can see Schemmel’s protectiveness of the role stemming from the fact that he was certainly more theatre-oriented than a lot of the other VAs. While many of them (like Sabat, Bergmeier, Strait..) were heavily involved in the technical side of things, (script-writing, engineering) Schemmel was the type of guy who sent 8x10 photos to casting directors, if you catch my drift. So I can see why his personality is different regarding his role. Not trying to just blatantly typecast him, but he reminds of one of those kids in school who took drama class and took it way too seriously.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 pm

:crazy: :yawn:

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Cheetor’s Goku was awesome, Rolf’s as well. Why can’t we get along and let people like and dislike whatever they want to? Professionally...