What ever happened to Gollancz Manga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

What ever happened to Gollancz Manga?

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 am

So when I started collecting manga, I didn't buy the ones published by Viz, but the ones by Gollancz Books because those where the ones I find available to buy. Most notably Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin and Yu-Gi-Oh before I started to get tired of waiting for further releases and had to resort to special service where I give ISBN codes to book stores and have them order them for me and for a while, that's how I got to complete my Dragon Ball collection before Kinokoniya opened a local branch and for over ten years, that's was my main source to get manga on the go.

But whatever happened to Gollancz Manga? Why did they stop publishing manga under their label? According to Wikipedia they stopped publishing Viz's releases as of 2014 but no further details given. What was their contract with Viz in the first place? And did they stop due to contract disagreements or did it expire and didn't renew due to lack of demand?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?