Is the Spanish Manga any good?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraZenkai

Is the Spanish Manga any good?

Post by UltraZenkai » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:44 pm

So I'm trying to get into the manga but all the vizisms really do annoy me. Recently however, I have heard that the people of Latin America have a translated version of the kanzenban with all of the colored chapters and everything. With me having some knowledge of the language myself, I'm really considering purchasing this translation. Here's my question though, Is it accurate, at least more accurate than Viz's work?

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is the Spanish Manga any good?

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm

There is a Spanish Kanzenban release of the manga but it's from Spain not Latin America. It's called, the "Ultimate Edition" publish by Planeta Deagostini. The Latin American release, specifically the Mexican and Argentinean releases, are only available in the normal tankonbon format. I haven't read any Spanish released of the manga, so unfortunately I can't say how accurate the translation is.

UltraZenkai

Post by UltraZenkai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Bajosexto wrote:There is a Spanish Kanzenban release of the manga but it's from Spain not Latin America. It's called, the "Ultimate Edition" publish by Planeta Deagostini. The Latin American release, specifically the Mexican and Argentinean releases, are only available in the normal tankonbon format. I haven't read any Spanish released of the manga, so unfortunately I can't say how accurate the translation is.
Ah.. that's a shame. Honestly I'm not sure how different Spain Spanish and Latin Spanish are from each other but I wish I could test it out before I spent $15 on a volume. If the tankobon is more accurate than viz then I guess I could give it a read but I was looking forward to those beautiful colored chapters.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:33 pm

I don't know anything about the Spanish manga, however I will say this: The Viz-isms in the Viz manga aren't anywhere near as bad as you'd think. In truth, the only things the Viz translation needs cleaned up are some naming conventions.
Granted, the censored releases are an annoyance, though. (Although in four or five years when the Full Colours finally wrap around and start doing the pre-Z material, that might end up visually uncensored, so...)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

UltraZenkai

Post by UltraZenkai » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Robo4900 wrote:I don't know anything about the Spanish manga, however I will say this: The Viz-isms in the Viz manga aren't anywhere near as bad as you'd think. In truth, the only things the Viz translation needs cleaned up are some naming conventions.
Granted, the censored releases are an annoyance, though. (Although in four or five years when the Full Colours finally wrap around and start doing the pre-Z material, that might end up visually uncensored, so...)
I hope they get to the pre Z stuff that would be awesome