Breaking down Goku's new poster (Spoilers)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Breaking down Goku's new poster (Spoilers)

Post by successoroffate » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:44 am

I was looking the other day at Goku's new form and I decided to bring up my theory as to what this form may end up looking like by breaking the poster down.

Let's take a look Fukkatsu No F's poster showing Freeza for the first time:

There are three main takeaways from this poster:
1. Freeza is not transformed yet. Meaning that this was a prelude to his new form.
2. Freeza's arms, legs and tail had Gold spots before we even got the trailer showing his Golden Freeza Form. These were subtle hints at his new form.
3. Vegeta has a blue lightning that makes part of his hair look blue which was a hint to SSBlue.

And now, let's take a look at Goku's new form:

What I take from this:
1. Goku, just like Freeza, is not transformed yet. This is a Prelude to the new form in my opinion.
2. Subtle Red marks over Goku's back, arms and shoulders. Such marks are more distinguishable by looking at his left arm. Something similar to what they did with Freeza's gold spots.
3. If you take a look at the Flame-like ki that's covering Goku, it seems there's a figure inside. I can't tell what it is. Not sure if it's an Oozaru or a Dragon or just my brain messing with me.

Conclusion: Although is a long shot and I am aware that there's a full front shot of Goku in this state, I think this is just him getting ready to transform. Based on those red marks, I think Goku is going to transform into Dragon Ball Super's equivalent of the SSJ4.

Thoughts?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Breaking down Goku's new poster (Spoilers)

Post by Vijay » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Gòod observation & yeah!!!!

As if glorifying Goku as Jesus of Anime is not enuf, we gotta build-up him equivalent to that of Stallone, Arnold with glimpses of back shots flexing the traps

I think Goku's prepared to enter a battle of which by DBZ's standard would make fanboys from Europe to Asia jeez in their pants at its sheer action choreography, cameraworks, fluid animation & top notch score

But since this is SUPA we're talkin abt, it'll have generic fist flurry & everything absymal

But I agree your point abt it being Super's SSJ4 equivalence

I mean TOEI has ALREADY tarnished legendary SSJ status with Goddo/Kaioken crap, followed by Toriko crap

OF COURSE, NOW WE GOTTA PAINT GOKU'S HAIR BLACK (as if it wasnt) & APPLY MAKEUP MAKING GOKU END UP LOOKING LIKE JOKER FROM DARK KNIGHT.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:46 am

If Goku goes SSJ4 I'm done with GT.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:51 am

I thought Vegeta was getting a blue version of ssjg based on the F poster. I thought Gokû's magenta ssjg was going to make a second appearance. I got neither and was disappointed. I don't trust teaser posters when it comes to Dragon Ball.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:42 am

The red spots on his back is actually the plasma going over it. Note how the lines just so happen to match up!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:03 am

Chuquita wrote:I thought Vegeta was getting a blue version of ssjg based on the F poster. I thought Gokû's magenta ssjg was going to make a second appearance. I got neither and was disappointed. I don't trust teaser posters when it comes to Dragon Ball.
But isn't that essentially what Vegeta got though..? And Toriyama did say Goku would never go SSG again as he absorbed it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 am

It seems that in-universe they aren't foreshadowing Goku getting a new form at all. So it will probably be something totally unexpected. I just hope it won't be another hair-recolor.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 am

emperior wrote:It seems that in-universe they aren't foreshadowing Goku getting a new form at all. So it will probably be something totally unexpected. I just hope it won't be another hair-recolor.
SSG was not a hair-recolour, SSGSS was also not a hair re-colour (well in Goku's case).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:It seems that in-universe they aren't foreshadowing Goku getting a new form at all. So it will probably be something totally unexpected. I just hope it won't be another hair-recolor.
SSG was not a hair-recolour, SSGSS was also not a hair re-colour (well in Goku's case).
Aesthetics-wise, Blue is indeed a re-color.
I like the form and it's color, but I don't want to see the next form being a new color again.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 am

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I like the form and it's color, but I don't want to see the next form being a new color again.
Goku has an extra bang raised up in SSGSS compared to Yellow SS:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
vs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also Goku's frontal bangs are also completely different.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: SSG was not a hair-recolour, SSGSS was also not a hair re-colour (well in Goku's case).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
vs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Goku's regular SSj hair in Super also looks like that.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: SSG was not a hair-recolour, SSGSS was also not a hair re-colour (well in Goku's case).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
vs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's because Yamamuro traced Toriyama's design for Blue, while SSJ is still using the design from the Plan to Eradicate Super Saiyans OAV.
I'm quite sure Toriyama intended Blue to look exactly like Super Saiyan aesthetics wise. In fact Toyotaro draws them in the same way.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:14 pm

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote: Aesthetics-wise, Blue is indeed a re-color.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
vs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's because Yamamuro traced Toriyama's design for Blue, while SSJ is still using the design from the Plan to Eradicate Super Saiyans OAV.
I'm quite sure Toriyama intended Blue to look exactly like Super Saiyan aesthetics wise. In fact Toyotaro draws them in the same way.
Regardless of his intentions or not the fact of the matter is they are different in Super anime and related merchandising and art. And not sure what Toyotaro has to do with anything, considering he has designed other things differently.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:37 pm

God I hope you're wrong.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Wouldn't that be the ultimate way of integrating a fan favorite design into the canon story line.

But no. We all know that for some reason, they are NOT designing anything new and only changing hair colors and ki auras now.
El Conejo Malo