Will Dragon Ball ever get a true 100% reanimation?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Will Dragon Ball ever get a true 100% reanimation?

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Wait, when the hell was Neon Genesis Evangelion reanimated? I haven't heard about this. Also, are we counting the remake of Dr Slump as reanimation?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Will Dragon Ball ever get a true 100% reanimation?

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:32 am

Okay. First off, Naruto's not actually being reanimated, it's having the current animation brought into HD. It's the same principle as Kai's crisper quality, except NarutoHD isn't cutting out any filler (AKA, what the hell is the point?). Second, Evangelion was never "reanimated". The 'Rebuild' films retell early bits of the series, but they're not a direct remake. I don't think Eva really needs a direct remake, honestly, and I'm glad the Rebuilds are trying to be something new (even if I do hate Mari with a burning passion). Third, I think Dragon Ball's visuals have aged well, and Kai does a good job of repurposing them for a show with actually decent pacing. If anything, I want the same techniques applied to DB Classic, since I think people tend to ignore how slow that show could feel (mostly just because Z overshadows it).