DragonBall S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ Rainbow

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ Rainbow

Post by ABED » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 am

Is this scale relative? I like DB as much as the next person, but it's not a perfect show.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:36 am

Trickster wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
Trickster wrote: Also, there are plenty of plot holes in every single episode, and the script is lazy as fuck. Why did Goku wanted to save Kale and Caulifla, on the last episode, if they're enemies? Why weren't they atacked by any other characters while they were running away? Why didn't that girl from Jiren's group (which is "inspired" in Ginyu Troop) didn't lock everyone in that "another dimension's ball" and pushed them from the arena, just like 18 did to her?

Now, me and some friends have a channel on YouTube, where we comment about DBS episodes, and they (the staff) surprise me every week about how bad this show can be.
I think we oughta just retire the phrase "plot hole" if it's gonna be used this way.
My bad. I dind't mean to use those things as examples of plot holes. Some plot holes I can mention are: the fact of Gowasu being an old Kaioshin (since they don't get old [Rô Kaioshin's case hapenned just because he fused with a witch]), the fact that each Universe must have 5 Kaioshin (and Black should have killed all of them. But he said he killed THE Kaioshin), not only one, the fact Bills dind't do shit when Majin Boo was killing all of them, even their lifes were connected, those kind of stuff.
Where was it stated that Kaioshin can't go old? Also U10 U7. Same for the 5 Kaioshin thing other universes U7, it is more likely that the 5 Kaioshin thing was exception to U7 rather than the rule. As for Beerus thing, I am pretty sure he was connected to Elder Kai then who was then trapped in the Z sword.

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Trickster wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:I think we oughta just retire the phrase "plot hole" if it's gonna be used this way.
My bad. I dind't mean to use those things as examples of plot holes. Some plot holes I can mention are: the fact of Gowasu being an old Kaioshin (since they don't get old [Rô Kaioshin's case hapenned just because he fused with a witch]), the fact that each Universe must have 5 Kaioshin (and Black should have killed all of them. But he said he killed THE Kaioshin), not only one, the fact Bills dind't do shit when Majin Boo was killing all of them, even their lifes were connected, those kind of stuff.
Where was it stated that Kaioshin can't go old? Also U10 U7. Same for the 5 Kaioshin thing other universes U7, it is more likely that the 5 Kaioshin thing was exception to U7 rather than the rule. As for Beerus thing, I am pretty sure he was connected to Elder Kai then who was then trapped in the Z sword.
It's kind of implicit they don't get old, since they're literally gods and the 5 Kaioshin existed since before Majin Boo was created.

In various dialogues Bills says Kaioshin to be careful, because "if you die, I die too".

What you said about "U7's exception" is something you are speculating, it's not in any official material, so, FOR NOW, we have to treat that fact as an incoherence.
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

CrazyPenguin

Post by CrazyPenguin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 am

Trickster wrote: I would reverse DBGT and DBS' scores. And I don't think DBZ is a 10/10 anime, but, in comparison only with the franchise itself, I agree it is.
Yeah I was comparing it to the DB series only, I don't watch other anime, not a fan of it.
Trickster wrote: (Btw, could you solve me a doubt? The way I wrote was right or I should use "DBGT's and DBS' scores"?)
Yes I could understand you perfectly I don't care much about grammar itself as long as I can understand you its good.
:clap: DRAGON BALL ULTIMATE TEAM viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40166 :clap:

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 am

CrazyPenguin wrote:
Trickster wrote: I would reverse DBGT and DBS' scores. And I don't think DBZ is a 10/10 anime, but, in comparison only with the franchise itself, I agree it is.
Yeah I was comparing it to the DB series only, I don't watch other anime, not a fan of it.
Trickster wrote: (Btw, could you solve me a doubt? The way I wrote was right or I should use "DBGT's and DBS' scores"?)
Yes I could understand you perfectly I don't care much about grammar itself as long as I can understand you its good.
I think you noticed I have a problem with "with" and "to" hahaha. That's because, in portuguese, we use the same word to both of them, in some occasions, so I always confuse them. Most people here have a similar problem with "make" and "do".
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful