Favorite series gutpunch

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Favorite series gutpunch

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:42 am

1 - Goku vs Freezer (Namek)
2 - Goku vs Piccolo (23rd BT)
3 - Goku vs Vegeta (Saiyan arc)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:59 am

When 17 punched Piccolo in the gut before he fused with Kami. When everyone else got wrecked too.

Even I felt that one from the screen when I first saw it.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:29 pm

omaro34 wrote:When 17 punched Piccolo in the gut before he fused with Kami. When everyone else got wrecked too.

Even I felt that one from the screen when I first saw it.
I've got the GIF to that as well:
Akyon wrote:Definitely this one. Piccolo and 17 seemed BRUTAL for some reason to me and it's largely to do with the sheer body bending gut punches.
Yep, and their expressions (especially Piccolo's) really help convey the intensity even further.

Also, here's Gohan punching Cell in the gut:
It's not the best, mostly because it's from a Shida-less Last House, but the whole scene is pretty good (and I'm sure it's great in the manga) because Cell's reaction where he stumbles and coughs blood shows how powerful it was.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 pm

The Goku Piccolo one that was posted earlier, I love that entire combo and gravity defying kamehameha at the end.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:16 am

What gets me about Goku gut-punching Freeza is that Freezy Pop was vomiting blood afterwards. That's incredibly brutal. He must have broke his ribs and punctured a lung.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 am

Not a "punch" per se but I've always liked the one where Gohan kicked Cell so hard he spat out Android 18. And that's from a guy who never liked Gohan pre-Elder Kai unlock.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Dbzfan99

Post by Dbzfan99 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am

When future 18 punches future tiens stomach is great too

Dbzfan99

Post by Dbzfan99 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:30 am

Another favorite is when gohan punches frieze stomach in fusion reborn

Dbzfan99

Post by Dbzfan99 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I loved Goku elbowing Recoome in the stomach and knocking him out. It was so cathartic and a little bit spine-chilling given how this is first time we see Goku in action since the end of the Saiyan arc and how much of a danger Recoome was to Vegeta, Gohan and Krillin.

Oh... and welcome to Kanzenshuu, Dbzfan99. :wave:
Thank you for welcoming me