Uranai Baba's voice actor.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallKing
Regular

Uranai Baba's voice actor.

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm referring to Junpei Takiguchi the original actor for Baba, but sometime during the middle of Z's original run he was replaced by Mayumi Tanaka. This change always felt awkward and makes me wonder what happened. It might have just been health issues but he lived until 2011.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Uranai Baba's voice actor.

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 pm

I did find it awkward but not surprising though.
With his health problems could have been the reason why the voice changed, but since it wasn't a major character in Z I'm not that upset with it.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:18 pm

When did it happen in DBZ? Baba barely has any appearances after the Saiyan saga anyway, so does it matter? Most we saw of her was in the Buu arc bringing Goku and then Vegeta back.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 am

He also played the Grand Elder on Namek. He left the series after that character died the first time, so when he came back to life, the Grand Elder had a totally different voice.

So, yeah, to answer your question, he left in the latter half of the Freeza Arc, not long after Sho Mayumi stepped down as Chichi.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2