Dragon Ball Wiki Not That Bad?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Wiki Not That Bad?

Post by Cipher » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 am

Metalwario64 wrote:HAHAHA! So, that's where you got that from, then. :mrgreen: :lol:
かなあ......

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 am

Bullza wrote: Isues that I have seen people on here mention about the wiki before I have actually gone and corrected. I've also used Herms History of Ever thread to fix up the many mistakes that were on the Timeline page, amongst other things.

As for Neffyarious, I know that he uses this site, I don't know which user he is but he has used a lot of the information on the Video Game subsection to add information to the whole Super Dragon Ball Heroes area on the wiki.

Edit: And yes that "The Documents" page appears to be a load of nonsense with the one reference linking to a deleted YouTube channel. The page was written by a user who only used the wiki for one day and never since. So I will see about having that page deleted.
Damn, your efforts might not go to waste. Props dude.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 am

Well, just props to you then, Bullza!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:Well, just props to you then, Bullza!
Thanks. That "The Documents" page is gone now, I deleted it outright.

I also looked into the issue you mentioned. The guy has replied back to you now if you didn't know. He pointed out that the image of Frieza in his First Form was on Page 24.

http://manga.dbnao.net/Dragon_Ball_Heya ... [EN]/01/24

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 am

Yeah, the thing is that there's no actual direct power comparison between Frieza and Avo/Cado, just Tarble assuming (correctly) that Vegeta and Goku would be strong enough to defeat them. To use a comparison, that's like Mr. Satan hearing that Goku once lifted a mountain, so he calls him up to help lift his sofa up to get Bee's tennis ball. By his logic, the couch has the same power level as Goku does.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Bullza wrote:
KBABZ wrote:You're our man on the inside! :lol:

EDIT: Neffyarious? Oh god, that sounds like a Ratchet & Clank fan. The Ratchet wiki is almost as bad as the Dragon Ball wiki (lies, assumptions, broken mod hierarchy, etc). Ugh.
I could well be lol.

Issues that I have seen people on here mention about the wiki before I have actually gone and corrected. I've also used Herms History of Ever thread to fix up the many mistakes that were on the Timeline page, amongst other things.

As for Neffyarious, I know that he uses this site, I don't know which user he is but he has used a lot of the information on the Video Game subsection to add information to the whole Super Dragon Ball Heroes area on the wiki.

Edit: And yes that "The Documents" page appears to be a load of nonsense with the one reference linking to a deleted YouTube channel. The page was written by a user who only used the wiki for one day and never since. So I will see about having that page deleted.
It was written as a joke page to prove how shitty the wiki is. Wasn't fanfic, just a dumb joke.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 pm

They made up 'God's Crimson Excellance" for when Goku turned back to SSJ after SSJG. It's just so weird

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:It was written as a joke page to prove how shitty the wiki is. Wasn't fanfic, just a dumb joke.
As much as I'm all for making fun of bad wikis, that doesn't really help anyone.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Yeah if you are posting nonsense to prove the point that the wiki is full of nonsense then that isn't really helping matters at all.
Dbzfan94 wrote:They made up 'God's Crimson Excellance" for when Goku turned back to SSJ after SSJG. It's just so weird
Do you mean God's Crimson Radiance? That was mentioned by Beerus after Goku turned back into Super Saiyan and when he explained why his power had not decreased.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 am

KBABZ wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:It was written as a joke page to prove how shitty the wiki is. Wasn't fanfic, just a dumb joke.
As much as I'm all for making fun of bad wikis, that doesn't really help anyone.
I think the fact that a joke page lasted for around 7 months proves the point pretty well. Especially when the only reason anyone involved with the Wiki noticed at all was because of people bringing it up here.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:26 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
I think the fact that a joke page lasted for around 7 months proves the point pretty well. Especially when the only reason anyone involved with the Wiki noticed at all was because of people bringing it up here.
Sure, it shows the incompetence of the mod staff, sure, but it doesn't help to actually improve the site like we all want to. And the only reason anyone at the Wiki noticed is because Bullza is in the thread and fighting the good fight.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 am

The mod staff are the reason that the site cannot be improved. It's a lost cause.

And no, I don't particularly want it to be better. It's done enough damage; I want it gone, so something better can take its place. As it stands now, it's the first thing that shows up whenever you search for any Dragon Ball related stuff. The staff should be embarrassed.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:39 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:The mod staff are the reason that the site cannot be improved. It's a lost cause.

And no, I don't particularly want it to be better. It's done enough damage; I want it gone, so something better can take its place. As it stands now, it's the first thing that shows up whenever you search for any Dragon Ball related stuff. The staff should be embarrassed.
The mod staff might be changing up sometime in the near future.

Neffyarious is supposed to be retiring from it soon, that was one of the reasons why I ended up being made a mod to make up for it. He also said that 10x Kamehameha (the guy who runs it) had also mentioned retiring from it at some point.

Those two aside there's only myself and one other mod who are even active on it. The others haven't used it for months either. It needs more mods and ideally regular users from here who are familiar with the series.

At this point nothing will replace it though, it's just grown too big but theres nothing to stop all these errors and fabrications from being weeded out as long as people make the effort.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:45 am

Bullza wrote:At this point nothing will replace it though, it's just grown too big but theres nothing to stop all these errors and fabrications from being weeded out as long as people make the effort.
I agree. The wiki in it's current state is pretty bad, but with enough elbow grease it is salvageable. Reminds me of the R&C wiki where for the first five years or so they wrote everything in an in-universe tense, and then when they were called out to change it back they threw their hands up and said "oh no way that's too much work". Just man up and do it!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:14 am

KBABZ wrote:I agree. The wiki in it's current state is pretty bad, but with enough elbow grease it is salvageable. Reminds me of the R&C wiki where for the first five years or so they wrote everything in an in-universe tense, and then when they were called out to change it back they threw their hands up and said "oh no way that's too much work". Just man up and do it!
Yeah well that's what I noticed with the "List of Power Levels" page on there. It was an absolute mess, there was made up power levels, incorrect power levels, the same power levels would be repeated, the same character could be mentioned several times because they'd include power levels from different games on it.

And people kept complaining about it and suggested what could be done to change it but nobody ever actually did anything. So I did it all myself using this site's power level section so that it was as accurate as possible.

The problem is that new Dragon Ball information comes in almost constantly now, between the weekly anime, the monthly manga, all these new characters who have been recently introduced, new games, the special, the 4D attraction etc.

All the attention and all the edits are on this new stuff so a lot of the older stuff gets overlooked. Pages don't have much time to settle so they can be looked at throughouly before the next batch of information comes out and half a dozen people start editing it again.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am

Bullza wrote:The problem is that new Dragon Ball information comes in almost constantly now, between the weekly anime, the monthly manga, all these new characters who have been recently introduced, new games, the special, the 4D attraction etc.

All the attention and all the edits are on this new stuff so a lot of the older stuff gets overlooked. Pages don't have much time to settle so they can be looked at throughouly before the next batch of information comes out and half a dozen people start editing it again.
Heh, the irony is that like five years ago I looked at the DB wiki and thought "Man, that's a case of a wiki basically reaching completion because nothing new for it comes out anymore outside of the games". Now look!

As flawed as the wiki is, the main repository I use it for is info on the Western side of things, which is something that's lacking on the main Kanzenshuu site (which isn't an insult, it's not the angle this site is going for after all). But Kanzenshuu is a blessing to cut past the fat of the Dub, the ViZlation and even the anime and get right to the bone that is the original japanese manga. As demonstrated in the "Is King Cold stronger than Frieza?" thread, even the anime can take liberties and change certain aspects in not-insignificant ways. The Battle Power guide is an example of this benefit.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:16 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Bullza wrote:At this point nothing will replace it though, it's just grown too big but theres nothing to stop all these errors and fabrications from being weeded out as long as people make the effort.
I agree. The wiki in it's current state is pretty bad, but with enough elbow grease it is salvageable. Reminds me of the R&C wiki where for the first five years or so they wrote everything in an in-universe tense, and then when they were called out to change it back they threw their hands up and said "oh no way that's too much work". Just man up and do it!
I actually prefer in-universe tense.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Bullza wrote:The problem is that new Dragon Ball information comes in almost constantly now, between the weekly anime, the monthly manga, all these new characters who have been recently introduced, new games, the special, the 4D attraction etc.
Would it be petty to say I simultaneously have zero sympathy yet all the sympathy in the world for this very plight?

When you set up an administration from the start that all share the same values and are committed to the mission, however, you tend not to run into these issues...

(OK, now THAT comes across as petty, but it's actually an attempt to earnestly offer what little sage advice I have!)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:I actually prefer in-universe tense.
I'm not saying that there aren't places for an In-Universe perspective, but it is pretty incompatible with encyclopedic writing and a professional tone.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:I actually prefer in-universe tense.
I'm not saying that there aren't places for an In-Universe perspective, but it is pretty incompatible with encyclopedic writing and a professional tone.
As my poor Wiki/Grammar Guide sits there gathering dust... :|
Malik_DBNA wrote: