What was happening in Dragon Ball on your birth week?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: What was happening in Dragon Ball on your birth week?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 am

The worst arc in Dragon Ball history... :(
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:The worst arc in Dragon Ball history... :(
I know how you feel, I was born on the day Bulma and the Crabs first aired.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:47 pm

The volume of the manga where Vegeta finds and hides the Dragon Balls on Freeza’s ship was released on March 13th, 1990. The day I was born. Crazy.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 am

Had to look this up but

Manga: Yamcha just got Android 20's hand put through his chest. The heroes finally meet the Androids. Android 20 destroys the city and Goku requests they find a deserted area to fight. So at least I got an important episode here. The heroes finally meeting the first wave of antagonists for the Android arc.

Anime: Planet Namek finally explodes after Goku has defeated Freeza. So another pivotal moment in the series.

Marugoto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marugoto » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 am

June 12 1990.

The day WSJ issue 28 came out. The chapter was 278: "Son Gohan Dies?!" It's the chapter where Freeza tries to get his wish granted but doesn't know how to use the Dragon balls. Reacoom breaks Gohans neck. And on the final panel, Goku's ship finally lands on Namek.

The Anime didn't air that week. It was the week between episodes 51 (Courage Times One Hundred! The Warriors Gather Under Kaiō) and 52 (Listen to Me Goku! Hands Off Freeza).
However, one year later on June 12 1991, DBZ episode 95 aired! So Goku became a Super Saiyajin on my first birthday.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 am

Episode 8 of DBZ, "A Great Transformation on a Moonlit Night! The Secret of Gohan's Power," aired in Japan.
Episode 5 of the 2005 Redub aired on Toonami in the US.
Episode 12 of Kai aired in Japan.
Episode 20 of Kai aired on Nicktoons.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:46 am

Marugoto wrote:The Anime didn't air that week. It was the week between episodes 51 (Courage Times One Hundred! The Warriors Gather Under Kaiō) and 52 (Listen to Me Goku! Hands Off Freeza).
However, one year later on June 12 1991, DBZ episode 95 aired! So Goku became a Super Saiyajin on my first birthday.
Pretty shocking it took a whole year for Goku to land and then go Super Saiyan in the anime!

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:33 am

25 November 1977 ?

Akira Toriyama didn't even started writing mangas. So nothing.

Marugoto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marugoto » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am

KBABZ wrote:Pretty shocking it took a whole year for Goku to land and then go Super Saiyan in the anime!
Especially when you consider that within the timeframe of the series, most of it takes place on a single day.

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 pm

I was born on April 27th, 1988 - Dragon Ball Chapter 172 premiered on April 26th in Weekly Shonen Jump #22 -- This was the KriIIin Vs. Majunior (Piccolo) fight! As far as the Anime, Episode 109 premiered on April 20th where Goku fights the Demon King Piccolo for the first time! April 27th would have regularly aird episode 110, but they took a break that week and that episode aired on May 4th, 1988.

I love this thread! I never thought to look up the Manga/Anime chapters taking place during my birth-week!
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Avenant wrote:I love this thread! I never thought to look up the Manga/Anime chapters taking place during my birth-week!
Thanks! I've wondered if it should be a stickied thread in the Community Discussion board as a nice break the ice type thread.

Houren

Post by Houren » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Figured I'd give my birth week a look too

Manga: Vegeta finds out Future Trunks is his son from the Future
Anime: Kami's Lookout is destroyed by some filler

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:05 am

On my actual birthday, one of the most important episodes of Dragon Ball Z aired. Actually, it was the one after that, lol. “An Explosion of Anger!! Goku, Avenge Everyone’s Deaths,” the episode after Goku transform into a Super Saiyan. So close!
You must have faith in who you are.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Z episode 219 (Spopovich and Yamu drain Gohan's energy) premiered just the day after I was born in the 2nd of March, 1994.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Very awesome idea!

Manga: Vegeta sacrifices himself to stop Majin Buu. One of the most memorable moments for me in the series, as solemn as it is.
Anime: The battle royal takes place in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament (Might Mask goes up against #18!) I'm glad for this one, since Goten and Trunks play quite a big part. ^_^
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Manga: 2 days after my birthday. On June 16th 92, Super Vegeta arrives to the battlefield to fight Semi Perfect Cell.
Anime: 4 days before my birthday on June 10th, or 3 days after my birthday on June 17th, Episodes 143 and 144 aired when Cell first appeared period and Piccolo went to confront and fight him.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Episode 261 Going Too Far?! Boo-Boo Volleyball. Gotenks and boo destroy the look out. Episode aired a day after I was born. Man that's just crazy to think about. Not sure what chapter the manga was on but it looks like it had to be one of the final chapters.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:Episode 261 Going Too Far?! Boo-Boo Volleyball. Gotenks and boo destroy the look out. Episode aired a day after I was born. Man that's just crazy to think about. Not sure what chapter the manga was on but it looks like it had to be one of the final chapters.
Okay, so Episode 261 aired on the 22nd of March 1995. The day before that, Chapter 511 was published where Vegeta attacks Kid Buu to stall for time so that Goku can gather enough Ki for himself to destroy Buu. The following week is Chapter 512 where Kid Buu spits out Fat Buu and the two fight, then Goku drops out of SS3 because it's taking too much of a toll on his energy levels.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 am

KBABZ wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote:Episode 261 Going Too Far?! Boo-Boo Volleyball. Gotenks and boo destroy the look out. Episode aired a day after I was born. Man that's just crazy to think about. Not sure what chapter the manga was on but it looks like it had to be one of the final chapters.
Okay, so Episode 261 aired on the 22nd of March 1995. The day before that, Chapter 511 was published where Vegeta attacks Kid Buu to stall for time so that Goku can gather enough Ki for himself to destroy Buu. The following week is Chapter 512 where Kid Buu spits out Fat Buu and the two fight, then Goku drops out of SS3 because it's taking too much of a toll on his energy levels.
Oh that's pretty cool, one of vegetas toughest fights with the odds stack against him.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:39 am

The Might of Vegeta!! The Blood of a Super Saiyan Awakens aired the week I was born