Hakai and Superman

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

malicecrossrevolver

Hakai and Superman

Post by malicecrossrevolver » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 pm

I didn't want to start this subject, but it's been eating away at me for a while. This image: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So can the Hakai destroy Superman? No, not really.
Okay so, the Hakai is a God of Destruction ability that destroys anything. Fair enough. However, comic book characters are powerful because they have special powers and abilities that make them unique.

For example, the Juggernaut has the power to never lose his forward momentum. If he starts moving, not even the Hulk can stand in his way. Not even Goku for that matter. It doesn't mean he can't still lose, he can be redirected. I think you get the point.

Superman has a lot of powers flight, super speed, "lasers" (just like dragon ball characters). He also has ice breath, can vibrate his body to make himself invisible or intangible. But the most iconic power of his is Indestructibility.

No I'm not saying Superman can beat Goku, thought I'm thinking it, but Hakai just won't work. And the solid evidence is Darkseid. Beerus is a God, so is Darkseid. Beerus can destroy anything with Hakai, Darkseid can destroy anything with his Omega Beams.

Darkseid's omega beams are capable of vaporizing, erasing or transmitting any form of matter, living or non-living. They can also send/retrieve anything from different dimensions, timelines, and even universes. [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

One could argue that the Omega beams are a Hakai +1 since they can do much more. But in short they are the same divine ability. And Superman can tank the attack, because he's indestructible.

In conclusion, Superman is OP, not saying how an actual fight would go, but the Hakai is not an ace in the hole. Thank you.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Hakai and Superman

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 pm

This is more suited for the "In-Universe" section of the forum, and perhaps more specifically, one of the various threads for one-off versus/strength debates.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::