When did the Tuffles first appear?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

When did the Tuffles first appear?

Post by Xeztin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Where they in the original manga? I can't recall myself but its been a while since I done a read through.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: When did the Tuffles first appear?

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Nope they were anime only. Along with the Saiyan Kami going, "Goodbye Cruel Universe!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 pm

They first appeared back in Dragon Ball Z - Episode 20, as Kaio of North tells Goku a little bit about Saiyans.

Their concept (and design as well, if I remember correctly) was created by Akira Toriyama for the anime staff (just like Gregory, which means that even though it came from Toriyama, it was still filler/non-canon stuff). Tsufurujins were never mentioned or appeared in the original manga.

Tsufurujins would be mentioned (thus being canonical) by Toriyama in one of those 2014 interviews, as the original creators of the scouters, along with their background in regards that they were the inhabitants of planet Plant and that they were wiped out by the Saiyans.

And now, September 2017, we're about to see Tsufurujins (for the first time after becoming canonical) in Dragon Ball Super - Universe Survival saga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Grimlock wrote: And now, September 2017, we're about to see Tsufurujins (for the first time after becoming canonical) in Dragon Ball Super - Universe Survival saga.
Wait, what? I've heard nothing about this - are they going to be on the U6 team or something?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:35 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Grimlock wrote: And now, September 2017, we're about to see Tsufurujins (for the first time after becoming canonical) in Dragon Ball Super - Universe Survival saga.
Wait, what? I've heard nothing about this - are they going to be on the U6 team or something?
Team Universe 2, theorised to be Zirloin or Zarbuto

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:They first appeared back in Dragon Ball Z - Episode 20, as Kaio of North tells Goku a little bit about Saiyans.

Their concept (and design as well, if I remember correctly) was created by Akira Toriyama for the anime staff (just like Gregory, which means that even though it came from Toriyama, it was still filler/non-canon stuff). Tsufurujins were never mentioned or appeared in the original manga.

Tsufurujins would be mentioned (thus being canonical) by Toriyama in one of those 2014 interviews, as the original creators of the scouters, along with their background in regards that they were the inhabitants of planet Plant and that they were wiped out by the Saiyans.

And now, September 2017, we're about to see Tsufurujins (for the first time after becoming canonical) in Dragon Ball Super - Universe Survival saga.
If the idea of them came from Toriyama, why aren't they canon since DBZ?
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful