How was your first experience with the FUNi dub like?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: How was your first experience with the FUNi dub like?

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 pm

It was my first experience with Dragon Ball at all. I started watching the original Dragon Ball dubbed when I was 14 and I've approved ever since. The Japanese version's pretty good but I think the dub is decent at least.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: How was your first experience with the FUNi dub like?

Post by Forte224 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:26 pm

My first experience was the day it started airing after not using the Ocean group anymore. I was so young an so confused and hated it. My friend tried to reassure me by saying as characters get older they change the voices but my retort was that the characters don't just get older in the span of 1 episode.

Anyway, as I got used to it, it improved bit by bit as well so I came to love it and didn't see the tons of flaws it had until years later. I'm honestly not even nostalgic for it these days though