I promise this isn't a hate thread, but why are so many DB fans so ignorant?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: I promise this isn't a hate thread, but why are so many DB fans so ignorant?

Post by Forte224 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:01 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:At least Funimation's version is the official English version of the series, so following it still makes sense. While Funimation messed up on it a lot, the casual fan shouldn't have to go seeking out the original version and watch over 400 episodes to follow the story. That boo-boo is on the company, not on the fan. So calling the fans out for following that version is also, actually, ignorant.
While I agree, the casual fan tends to think they're a hardcore fan with this franchise. That's the truly annoying part. I saw another person comment how amazing it was that Beerus called Roshi Master Roshi. When someone tried to explain that he didn't actually call him "Master" but that Crunchyroll has dub terms in their subs, this friendly person got attacked but the OP along with several other "true" fans that were actually delusional casuals.
TheGreatness25 wrote:
If you're legitimately encountering those kinds of fans, please understand that you're the adult in the room surrounded by kids because that level of criticism, thought process (regarding editing and stuff), and not even taking the 20 seconds that it would take to Google a question for fact-checking, leads me to believe that they're kids.
I am encountering them, sadly. In more places than one. And I have a friend who's like the poster boy for them. He sounds just like your typical casual that thinks he's hardcore and is a close to 30 year old married man with a level head otherwise, not a kid
Last edited by Forte224 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: I promise this isn't a hate thread, but why are so many DB fans so ignorant?

Post by Forte224 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Edit: Didn't want to double post, wouldn't let me delete

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Forte224 wrote:other "true" fans that were actually delusional casuals.
Maybe we should call them Laterally Hardcore; hardcore but in the wrong direction.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:11 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Forte224 wrote:other "true" fans that were actually delusional casuals.
Maybe we should call them Laterally Hardcore; hardcore but in the wrong direction.
I like It! :clap: