Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Robo4900 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:The video is being edited and will be released soon. The people who paid non-attending tickets get priority. You'll see them pop up for sure.
I presume it'll be on YouTube?
And if so, will it be your channel, or another one?
Geekdom101 wrote:#3 - Kamehacon going to the UK is unlikely for now. In the future it is possible but not anytime soon (very expensive)
:(

I hope that does happen sometime in the future. Do that with Brian Drummond and Scott McNeil as guests, and I'll be able to live my Dragon Ball dream. :D
Geekdom101 wrote:#5 - There was NO DRAMA between Sean and Peter at this event. Literally none. In fact people saw them shaking hands. People need to drop this.
Glad to hear it.
I do hope people calm down about that; we don't know what actually went on, and it sounds like it was all just a misunderstanding to me anyway.
Geekdom101 wrote:#7 - The VA Panel videos will be up sometime this month but VIP/non attendees will get them on DVD first.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Damn, can't wait to see some of that tri-Vegeta goodness. :D
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:25 pm

Coming to the UK isn't ruled out completely in future - I hold very high hopes for this! :mrgreen:
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue May 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:OK so lets drop in some QUICK QUICK QUICK bullet points:

#1 - Thanks to everybody who came out and made this a HISTORY CHANGING event for our fandom.

#2 - Kamehacon 2 is scheduled for April 12-14 2019. Same building but it'll be bigger because there will be a hotel attached

#3 - Kamehacon going to the UK is unlikely for now. In the future it is possible but not anytime soon (very expensive)

#4 - The people I pulled from here to work like Lance, TDC, Stacey, Ajay etc were absolutely fantastic.

#5 - There was NO DRAMA between Sean and Peter at this event. Literally none. In fact people saw them shaking hands. People need to drop this.

#6 - Japanese guests will be coming back. Ryo is a shoe-in but most likely more. We are trying to get the queen (you know who that is) and Horikawa-sama will probably put in a good word

#7 - The VA Panel videos will be up sometime this month but VIP/non attendees will get them on DVD first.
Congratulations!
If nothing else, I enjoyed seeing people tweeting about their experiences. Looked like a great event.
Kind of odd that there is virtually nothing about the VA panels - I'd assume more info about what was said would've popped up by now. Or are those to be released later?
The video is being edited and will be released soon. The people who paid non-attending tickets get priority. You'll see them pop up for sure.
Thanks for the info :)

I was mostly referring to short tweets here and there about favorite scenes they voiced or something like that, but either nothing surprising was said or I wasn't following the right people. Either way, I will wait.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Robo4900 wrote:snip

I don't know if anyone has posted this but you can also watch Super Mecha Frieza's Vlog of the event. Mr. Sabat, Horikawa-san, Big D and a lot more can be seen on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp72Q8V_bmA
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Tue May 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:#5 - There was NO DRAMA between Sean and Peter at this event. Literally none. In fact people saw them shaking hands. People need to drop this.
Schemmel's a grade a jerk. I don't believe that for one second... :think:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 am

Robo4900 wrote:I presume it'll be on YouTube?
And if so, will it be your channel, or another one?

I hope that does happen sometime in the future. Do that with Brian Drummond and Scott McNeil as guests, and I'll be able to live my Dragon Ball dream. :D

Glad to hear it.
I do hope people calm down about that; we don't know what actually went on, and it sounds like it was all just a misunderstanding to me anyway.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Damn, can't wait to see some of that tri-Vegeta goodness. :D
Some people have uploaded clips of the panels on YT.

Some will be on my channel (Horikawa ones).

I have pitched Scott and Ian Corlette. We will be flipping Ocean Dub actors.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 am

Can't wait to see Herms trolling you live on video.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 09, 2018 7:53 am

What I have seen from all KamehaCon vids is that BigD just as I is a good BUT physically nervous speaker. He has to move all the time while speaking, when staying on one and the same spot he moves like some metronome. I do that as well. One thing I cannot forget is how BigD seemingly wanted to ask for a Final Flash under certain conditions but Horikawa-san already asked "you want me to do a Final Flash" and BigD just seemed to roll with it as his hand waving showed. I wonder what the original request was supposed to be.

And it seems like some fool asked Chris Sabat about the canonicity of GT, so that Mr. Saat just trolled him. These guys never learn that voice actors do not have such power.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed May 09, 2018 10:55 am

Cetra wrote:What I have seen from all KamehaCon vids is that BigD just as I is a good BUT physically nervous speaker. He has to move all the time while speaking, when staying on one and the same spot he moves like some metronome. I do that as well. One thing I cannot forget is how BigD seemingly wanted to ask for a Final Flash under certain conditions but Horikawa-san already asked "you want me to do a Final Flash" and BigD just seemed to roll with it as his hand waving showed. I wonder what the original request was supposed to be.

And it seems like some fool asked Chris Sabat about the canonicity of GT, so that Mr. Saat just trolled him. These guys never learn that voice actors do not have such power.
Link? I wanna watch this. Some fans will just never learn.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Wed May 09, 2018 11:49 am

MrTennek wrote:
If Geekdom, a guy who has zero tolerance of B.S. confirms that there was no heat between Schemmel and Peter than I take his word for it
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Some people have uploaded clips of the panels on YT.

Some will be on my channel (Horikawa ones).
Cheers, man. :)
I look forward to seeing all that.
Geekdom101 wrote:I have pitched Scott and Ian Corlette. We will be flipping Ocean Dub actors.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope you do get them. From what I've seen, Scott McNeil is one of the greatest con guests there is, and Ian Corlett is super interesting and cool. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Cetra wrote:What I have seen from all KamehaCon vids is that BigD just as I is a good BUT physically nervous speaker. He has to move all the time while speaking, when staying on one and the same spot he moves like some metronome. I do that as well. One thing I cannot forget is how BigD seemingly wanted to ask for a Final Flash under certain conditions but Horikawa-san already asked "you want me to do a Final Flash" and BigD just seemed to roll with it as his hand waving showed. I wonder what the original request was supposed to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1s0UACRszI&t=1470s

Childish clapping and "you heard it here, folks: no" He might as well have asked some random dude on the streets and ending it with "you heard it here, folks: no" And a grateful "thank you, thank you" afterwards. Some children in their 20s or 30s seem to to have a little to much faith in the decisive power of a voice actor. They might as well have asked a janitor at Toei.

Seriously though, Mr. Sabat should have straight told them they as voice actors are in no position to tell being no authority of Shueisha or Toriyama-san but that he personally thinks yes/no.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed May 09, 2018 5:00 pm

The con was absolutely excellent. Although obviously the guest list was largely dub-centric due its location and Golden Week in Japan, it didn't feel like a Funi-con. Horikawa's presence felt super substantial, and the respect the fans had for him was extraordinary. With almost every single panel being run by fans of the Japanese version, there was a distinctly 'Kanzenshuu' flavour to the con that really helped balance things out nicely. I said this to multiple people during the event, but it really felt like everyone put aside their preferences, and took great pride in just celebrating the fact we were all there because of our love of this one franchise. Very special to be a part of.

My panel went pretty well. The turn out was so surprising. I've recorded it, so if anyone's interested, you can find it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltoRfwjqy0
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Cetra wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1s0UACRszI&t=1470s

Childish clapping and "you heard it here, folks: no" He might as well have asked some random dude on the streets and ending it with "you heard it here, folks: no" And a grateful "thank you, thank you" afterwards. Some children in their 20s or 30s seem to to have a little to much faith in the decisive power of a voice actor. They might as well have asked a janitor at Toei.

Seriously though, Mr. Sabat should have straight told them they as voice actors are in no position to tell being no authority of Shueisha or Toriyama-san but that he personally thinks yes/no.
Erm, that actually sounded like a silly, but honest answer from Sabat even though he might know he has no control over deciding it.

My impression is that the fans took it seriously from him, which hurts GT's credibility even more from a western marketing perspective.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Rakurai wrote: Erm, that actually sounded like a silly, but honest answer from Sabat even though he might know he has no control over deciding it.

My impression is that the fans took it seriously from him, which hurts GT's credibility even more from a western marketing perspective.
I don't think he meant it for real because the only time he ever said something like that was also when he wanted to show some "funny annoyed side" by saying something about canonicity.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed May 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Cetra wrote:
Rakurai wrote: Erm, that actually sounded like a silly, but honest answer from Sabat even though he might know he has no control over deciding it.

I don't think he meant it for real because the only time he ever said something like that was also when he wanted to show some "funny annoyed side" by saying something about canonicity.
Even if he didn't mean it, the fan who asked him prob took that answer as an honest one. And it's not so obvious from his response either that he was joking.

Well, I think canon arguments are stupid and dumb af. Honestly, Chris should've just told it to him straight that he doesn't get to decide that, or give him a technical answer like Yamamuro. That would've informed other fans that he's in no position to answer that.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Cetra wrote:

Even if he didn't mean it, the fan who asked him prob took that answer as an honest one. And it's not so obvious from his response either that he was joking.

Well, I think canon arguments are stupid and dumb af. Honestly, Chris should've just told it to him straight that he doesn't get to decide that, or give him a technical answer like Yamamuro. That would've informed other fans that he's in no position to answer that.

Yes, the fan took it serious which is what I think of as so sad because it is a statement about fan intelligence.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Wed May 09, 2018 9:36 pm

I attended Saturday and had a somewhat good time after an initial letdown. I was one of the first there and the first thing I was interested in seeing was the animation breakdown event. Despite being near the front, they first went on a big search for VIPs and then went on a search for premiums (Saturday was my only free day, and so I decided it best to just get a one day normal pass) and then apparently reached the fire capacity limit for that room just from that. I was left right outside the door where I could see the video being played through the white stained glass but couldn't hear anything as I awaited the directly-following drawing event which I did manage to get into. Earlier today the video of that event was uploaded so I'm glad I get to hear what was being said now. I think the small commotion near the 20 minute mark is where Geekdom entered the room. I saw him come up and mentioned they weren't letting anybody else in due to fire capacity, he said, "oh well, it me," and went in and got a few applauds and then came out shortly after and somewhat annoyingly said, "fire capacity." I guess regulations can really bring down the fun sometimes. lol Horikawa being part of "The Three Vegetas" and must have been the main attraction; The line for it was already so long by the time I arrived after finishing "Martial Art and Dragon Ball" event that I decided to just skip it. lol

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:32 pm

The Patrolman wrote:
MrTennek wrote:
If Geekdom, a guy who has zero tolerance of B.S. confirms that there was no heat between Schemmel and Peter than I take his word for it
Look who Sean is following on twitter now.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Yes I was nervous but by day 3 i was fine.