Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Tbh something so big as DB focused like this, I think Sean would have come anyway had they (Kameha-con) simply been like sorry we cannot cancel Peter's appearance as I doubt he'd allow Kelamis to be the only English Goku there.
People were already hyped for the con without Schemmel being announced like hadn't they sold out VIP passes or something? If they said no then nothing would have changed about the perception of the con.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm not able to attend this con, but in the wake of this nonsense...
If Brian Drummond and Chris Sabat weren't guests, I would have no regrets about being unable to come down, that's for sure.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 pm

This news enrages me. Schemmel, how insecure can you be?!?
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:I think it’s obvious that Sean paid the convention owner to do this. Money is a powerful thing. As for my opinion I’m very disappointed that he did this. I may not be going to the convention myself, but still low blow Sean. If this gets out let’s hope he loses his job. I would not be surprised if by the time the ToP arc airs in English we get a new Goku & Kaio. For Kaio that wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing.
I'd say the organizers wanted Schemmel to attend and were given an ultimatum as Baggie Saiyan said. Unfortunately it appears they gave in and let him have his way. Its a shame because Kelamis was a huge draw in the same way Drummond was for the fans who aren't as big fan of the Texas cast, which is fine, art is subjective and all that, but thats why this whole thing is such a travesty. I'd like to see as many divisions of this fanbase as possible to all be at this convention to celebrate together, and I'm sure Geekdom101 feels the same way, although, as we all know this is beyond his control.

Schemmel is more than likely already well into recording his dialogue for the ToP, but either way Funimation won't fire him for this. And I don't want Schemmel recast because he does a fantastic job playing Goku, I just want him to stop being a prick towards other English Gokus, but his pride is probably too great for that to happen.
I'm just disappointed that Schemmel can't be an adult and try to be a civil person. No one here is saying that you have to like him or his work but don't kick someone out because you feel threatened by him.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Sean is on Twitter right now telling everyone that he has no power on banning people in conventions
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Ajay wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:Why not? He acts like he's a big shot. So much "connections". Here's the time to prove it but he will chicken out.
I'm not really sure what vendetta you have against Geekdom, but let's not bring that to this forum. It doesn't belong here.

Danny is the host of the event, not the organiser, not the recruiter, and certainly not the money. His involvement on that side of things goes as far as recommending community guests for panels and whatnot.

I can assure you he, myself, and all other guests who were aware of the Kelamis announcement made our thoughts very clear. We don't run this event, though. The final decision there comes down to those paying for it (along with some other external complications).

Geekdom has been working exceptionally hard over the past 24 hours to try and find some sort of resolution here. If it pays off, you may hear about it in the next few days, but again, there's only so much that can be done as people outside of the planning circle.

You don't need to change your opinions on a person, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, but these are the facts, so I hope you take them on board and put all preconceptions aside when you read this.
Thank you for sharing that information and I hope that Geekdom101 can fix this situation and bring back Kelamis.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:33 pm

The Patrolman wrote:Sean is on Twitter right now telling everyone that he has no power on banning people in conventions
I love how he's not openly addressing the situation...

He's saying he has no "power" to remove people from cons.

Is this his way around denying how he influenced those who do have power, via contract negotiation or his terms of attendance.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:38 pm

The Patrolman wrote:Sean is on Twitter right now telling everyone that he has no power on banning people in conventions
I do believe that he alone has no power to decide that any given actor will not attend any given convention he chooses to attend.

I do also believe that he does, however, have the power to say "Hey, kick this actor out, or I'm not coming."
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:41 pm

He's deleted all three posts about it...

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Sean literally just deleted all of his tweets on Twitter.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:54 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Sean literally just deleted all of his tweets on Twitter.
I snapped a couple screens before the exodus happened... haha

This is blowing up...

#JusticeforPeter

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Let's just leave the twitter stuff to just that twitter.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Looks like Kelamis might be there yet:
https://twitter.com/PeterKelamis/status ... 9635374080

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Sounds like there's some good news:

Peter Kelamis
‏Verified account @PeterKelamis
13m13 minutes ago

Dragonball Fans, I'm very happy to say the pertinent parties related to the situation from yesterday did the "Adult" thing today and talked on the phone. We discussed the lapses in communication, and cleared the air respectfully. @KamehaCon announcement to follow shortly!

I hope things have worked out good for the long haul. It just disheartened me to see this spat because I do like Schemmel as Goku a lot, but that kind of behavior was not cool...
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Mewzard wrote:Sounds like there's some good news:

Peter Kelamis
‏Verified account @PeterKelamis
13m13 minutes ago

Dragonball Fans, I'm very happy to say the pertinent parties related to the situation from yesterday did the "Adult" thing today and talked on the phone. We discussed the lapses in communication, and cleared the air respectfully. @KamehaCon announcement to follow shortly!

I hope things have worked out good for the long haul. It just disheartened me to see this spat because I do like Schemmel as Goku a lot, but that kind of behavior was not cool...
Amazing, I couldn't be happier.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Hoping this means Peter will be coming after all. Things are looking up.

As for Sean, I think it was for the best that this stuff has come out. He's a good actor, but he's not good in the limelight and needs to just keep quiet and do his job. Stay away from Twitter, take your medicine, maybe learn some basic humility.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Guys, Schemmel is coming, BUT...

Peter is back!!! YES!!! :clap: :thumbup:

EDIT: Dammit, the tweet has been deleted. :(

EDIT 2: Oh never mind, it hasn't! Woohoo!!
Caulifla best girl! :)

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:54 pm

There the problem has been solved
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:58 pm

I feel like Schemmel's art card should have King Kai and Super Saiyan 3 on it... maybe even SSJ4

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm so glad Schemmel didn't get his way, booting Kelamis would have done nothing but convince Schemmel doing this sort of thing is ok. Glad Kelamis is back :D
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: