Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 am

Geekdom101 wrote: You're right about Mayumi Tanaka. Dealing with Japan is NOT EASY. I just want to ask for people to be patient.
I completely understand . If you guys even just get Ryo Horikawa (who I am dying to meet) then as long as I can make it work financially I will come (and maybe even get the VIP pass if it's still available).

But I have to consider airfare, hotel and the cost of the con too. So I guess I am eagerly waiting news on Japanese guests. It's great you are trying to secure them. And I do know it is going to harder than getting the dub actors. It's a pretty cool thing you are doing though.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 am

I think I’ll wait to see how this one goes and what people seem to think of it, then maybe go to the next one if this one is successful enough for there to be another one. I’d go to this one, but Texas is a long ways away from where I live, so it’d be a bit costly for me to go.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am

Kinokima wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote: You're right about Mayumi Tanaka. Dealing with Japan is NOT EASY. I just want to ask for people to be patient.
I completely understand . If you guys even just get Ryo Horikawa (who I am dying to meet) then as long as I can make it work financially I will come (and maybe even get the VIP pass if it's still available).

But I have to consider airfare, hotel and the cost of the con too. So I guess I am eagerly waiting news on Japanese guests. It's great you are trying to secure them. And I do know it is going to harder than getting the dub actors. It's a pretty cool thing you are doing though.
Its not easy man. I don't blame you one bit. Luckily we got 8 months left.

I can tell you that Horikawa is 100x easier to book for the US than many others, including Nozawa, Tanaka, etc. Usually Ryo comes down once or twice a year.

The issue right now isn't so much about Japanese VA involvement, but moreso figuring out what they can and cannot do. The ONLY REASON the dub actors got announced first is because its in Texas and 90% of them can drive to the building and go home to sleep that night.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am

PremiumSalt wrote:I think I’ll wait to see how this one goes and what people seem to think of it, then maybe go to the next one if this one is successful enough for there to be another one. I’d go to this one, but Texas is a long ways away from where I live, so it’d be a bit costly for me to go.
Completely understandable.

I can tell you that, depending on how it turns out, this could be a one time only event... but we'll see how it goes. If it is not though, either way, the sequels will be vastly different and probably feature different talent and different content. The goal is to make all of them unique so that everybody can come to all of them and get something different out of it.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am

Even if I was a hardcore fan of the Japanese Dub I would attend(if I lived within reasonable distances, I wouldn't go out of my way either) It's always fun to get goodies and collectibles from these cons. Maybe FUNI will have Dragonboxes from their 'Vault' for $800 again :lol: :lol:
El Conejo Malo

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Bardo117 wrote:Even if I was a hardcore fan of the Japanese Dub I would attend(if I lived within reasonable distances, I wouldn't go out of my way either) It's always fun to get goodies and collectibles from these cons. Maybe FUNI will have Dragonboxes from their 'Vault' for $800 again :lol: :lol:
There will be exclusive merch.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:Even if I was a hardcore fan of the Japanese Dub I would attend(if I lived within reasonable distances, I wouldn't go out of my way either) It's always fun to get goodies and collectibles from these cons. Maybe FUNI will have Dragonboxes from their 'Vault' for $800 again :lol: :lol:
There will be exclusive merch.

I know, that's why I would go. For the goodies.
El Conejo Malo

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Kinokima wrote:For me without the Japanese guests it's not worth it. Though that's how I feel about every anime convention

And unfortunately as I live on the East Coast this isn't actually close to me.
There's more to anime conventions than just voice actors. They're cool to meet, but there's also martial arts demos, karaoke, amv shows, costume skits, and lots of other things. Also some of the costumes are amazing. Chilling with your friends in cosplay tends to be good times.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
Kinokima wrote:For me without the Japanese guests it's not worth it. Though that's how I feel about every anime convention

And unfortunately as I live on the East Coast this isn't actually close to me.
There's more to anime conventions than just voice actors. They're cool to meet, but there's also martial arts demos, karaoke, amv shows, costume skits, and lots of other things. Also some of the costumes are amazing. Chilling with your friends in cosplay tends to be good times.

I've been going to Otakon one of the biggest anime conventions almost every year since 2005. Thanks but I am not going to pay all this money to fly to Texas for things I can do at a local convention. For me anime conventions are always primarily about the Japanese guests & no that doesn't just include seiyuu but I am a seiyuu fan.

I also enjoy conventions for Premieres but I wouldn't fly to another State for that either.

But it is pretty clear this convention is working on getting some Japanese guests so its a moot point.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Peter Kelamis just announced on the Facebook Page.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Kelamis is going? That's pretty cool.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm

I'd definitely love to go to something like this, if I resided in or around the Texas area.

Hopefully this succeeds, though. The name could have been better tbh. lol

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm

I only dislike the name in the sense that they're apparently pronouncing it Kuh-maya-con. Also, I wish the website would spell check some of their content. I'm finding typos and misspellings all over the place, and it's not helping contribute to a professional and high-quality image. I wish people would let me edit for them! *sobs*

At any rate, I'm heavily considering going. I have friends who will be there, and that should make it worth it at the very least.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:I only dislike the name in the sense that they're apparently pronouncing it Kuh-maya-con. Also, I wish the website would spell check some of their content. I'm finding typos and misspellings all over the place, and it's not helping contribute to a professional and high-quality image. I wish people would let me edit for them! *sobs*

At any rate, I'm heavily considering going. I have friends who will be there, and that should make it worth it at the very least.
I wish they'd let me edit for them too.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:10 am

Too bad for us Indians. We dont even get any of the official streamers in India [ya Crunchyrool, Funi nor VRV works here]. We dont get the Funi Dub of DBS. And Going to US for just a convention is unimaginable. You need to be filthy rich to do that.

I guess you americans have it all.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I only dislike the name in the sense that they're apparently pronouncing it Kuh-maya-con. Also, I wish the website would spell check some of their content. I'm finding typos and misspellings all over the place, and it's not helping contribute to a professional and high-quality image. I wish people would let me edit for them! *sobs*

The website on the whole is rather unappealing, especially for an unknown event you'd need it to be appealing and also it just seems they're pulling random art from the internet some of them don't even look official!

I'm not in the States so it's not like I will go anyway but if I were I wouldn't be enticed, it's like watching a trailer for a movie, if the trailer is bad you're not exactly gonna feel like going out to watch the film. But I do hope it's great and people have a fun time!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:59 pm

The site is up early so people have a chance to get tickets now. Many new cons dont even have sites until 4-6 months before the event, but this went up to give people time to save up to travel. I have addressed the issues of the site to the webmasters and await them to make any fixes they deem necessary. It is out of my control.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Looks like VIP tickets are almost gone so
I guess I won’t be able to get one too bad!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:44 am

Kinokima wrote:Looks like VIP tickets are almost gone so
I guess I won’t be able to get one too bad!
3-Day Tickets is the next best option.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 am

History will be made at Kamehacon. Wait til you see who's coming! :D