Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by sintzu » Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:Glad to hear it went great!

If you guys can get VIPs like Toyotaro and animation legends like Nakatsuru to come for the next one, I would literally buy the most expensive package faster than Goku could teleport to King Kai's palace.
One of those people is already in contact with the con. :D

Won't say who tho lol
Toyotaro ? go all out and get Toriyama. Now that would make history. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:Glad to hear it went great!

If you guys can get VIPs like Toyotaro and animation legends like Nakatsuru to come for the next one, I would literally buy the most expensive package faster than Goku could teleport to King Kai's palace.

Won't say who tho lol
You really don't know much about Toriyama's life do you? hahahaha
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 10, 2018 2:39 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Won't say who tho lol
You really don't know much about Toriyama's life do you? hahahaha
I do, which is why I said you'd make history if you got him out in public like that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 am

I really wanted to go this year but a lot of my friends said they'd go and then backed out as the con got closer. I suppose it's a little more difficult to get your friends together for a con when you're in your 30's lol. I live about 4 hours away and seriously considered driving up for the 3rd day after I saw how much fun people were having there on social media. I ended up deciding not to spend a lot of money on a really long one day road trip by myself, even though I surely would not have been alone once making it to Kamehacon. It was still really awesome to see the people that went sharing their good times on the internet. Since Kamehacon will be coming back next year I will be looking forward to actually going this time.

Geekdom, would it be possible to get former FUNimation VA's like Tiffany Vollmer and Stephanie Nadoly as guests for next year? Nothing against Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard, they do a great job with Bulma and Kid Gohan too but for some of us, the OG voices are the ones we grew up with when we first got into DBZ. I'm not sure if there's bad blood or anything for being replaced by other actors, but I know Tiffany Vollmer still goes to cons sometimes. Not sure about Stephanie but I think something like a full OG cast reunion panel would be pretty cool.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:33 am

obiwan23s wrote:I really wanted to go this year but a lot of my friends said they'd go and then backed out as the con got closer. I suppose it's a little more difficult to get your friends together for a con when you're in your 30's lol. I live about 4 hours away and seriously considered driving up for the 3rd day after I saw how much fun people were having there on social media. I ended up deciding not to spend a lot of money on a really long one day road trip by myself, even though I surely would not have been alone once making it to Kamehacon. It was still really awesome to see the people that went sharing their good times on the internet. Since Kamehacon will be coming back next year I will be looking forward to actually going this time.

Geekdom, would it be possible to get former FUNimation VA's like Tiffany Vollmer and Stephanie Nadoly as guests for next year? Nothing against Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard, they do a great job with Bulma and Kid Gohan too but for some of us, the OG voices are the ones we grew up with when we first got into DBZ. I'm not sure if there's bad blood or anything for being replaced by other actors, but I know Tiffany Vollmer still goes to cons sometimes. Not sure about Stephanie but I think something like a full OG cast reunion panel would be pretty cool.
You def should come and make the drive. You would've prob found someone to bunk with.

As far as Stephanie and Tiffany, I'd love to have them but its not up to me.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu May 10, 2018 7:51 am

Hey Geekdom. Could it be possible for Spanish dub actors like Mario Castañeda and René García to come to KameHaCon 2?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I'll be there next year.

Old school representin' yo.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Thu May 10, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm glad the con went well, will definitely try to make my way to Texas next year! Will next year's con have a concert again?
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:53 pm

obiwan23s wrote:would it be possible to get former FUNimation VA's like Tiffany Vollmer and Stephanie Nadoly as guests for next year?
Remember that Linda Young was present for Kameha-con 2018.
As was Peter Kelamis, who's the second of four Ocean Gokus.

If the actors are willing, and the con organisers can figure out a deal for it, I doubt there's any reason why not. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Since I live in Germany I could not have come anyway but in 1 1/2 years it might look different.

Guests I would love to see one day:

We know he will never come anyway but of course Toriyama-san
If I had the opportunity to talk to Toriyama-san and ask him for an autograph though I would not ask him to sign my manga but my SNES box of Chrono Trigger.

Matsui-san, I have so many questions to her about her script thoughts of when she wrote GT
I would also ask her to sign one of my German GT boxes.

Yamamuro-san
Kageyama-san
Nakatsuru-san

Tomioka-san
Ryuu-san
Toshio-san
All people I would ask to sign the Zamasu arc box that I by that time surely will have.

Toyble
One of the manga he made I guess I would ask him to sign.

Nozawa-san
Miki-san
Mr. Mignogna and Nogami-san for a LSSJ panel
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Geekdom101 wrote: You def should come and make the drive. You would've prob found someone to bunk with.

As far as Stephanie and Tiffany, I'd love to have them but its not up to me.
I'm trying not to regret it too much lol. I've got some things coming up that I may have been in a tight spot with financially if I went, so I'm glad I didn't for that reason. But everyone looks like they had such a good time. I'm happy for the people that got to go and meet their favorite heroes (or villains) and make some new friends. Mostly I'm just glad that Kamehacon was successful and is coming back so I can be there next time.
Robo4900 wrote: Remember that Linda Young was present for Kameha-con 2018.
As was Peter Kelamis, who's the second of four Ocean Gokus.

If the actors are willing, and the con organisers can figure out a deal for it, I doubt there's any reason why not. :)
The fact that Linda was there is what's giving me hope that they could Tiffany and Stephanie to come next year, or another year in the future. I think the ladies would love to see that they still have tons of fans out there too.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Hey Geekdom. Could it be possible for Spanish dub actors like Mario Castañeda and René García to come to KameHaCon 2?
Already in discussions

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Hey Geekdom.

I wonder if there was any person at KamehaCon actually referring to him as BigD as he wants/pointed out here on kanzenshuu once or if really all of them call him by the name of his channel.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 pm

I usually just call him by his real name. :D
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Cetra wrote:
Hey Geekdom.

I wonder if there was any person at KamehaCon actually referring to him as BigD as he wants/pointed out here on kanzenshuu once or if really all of them call him by the name of his channel.
Couple people did. Its all good.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Fri May 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Kamehacon was awesome.

Super glad I went, I had an amazing time.

The people, the guests, the voice actors, the cosplayers, the community as a whole is amazing.

Such a positive atmosphere and I think everyone was feeding off that and one another.

I'm a pretty big fan of the dub, I really like the Japanese stuff too.
Got plenty of autographs I wanted!

Kamehacon 2... Wow.

Some of the names I see people suggesting/ desiring in this thread.. i'll comment on and share my opinion on.

I'd love to see Ian Corlett, I need his autograph still.
He's the first and original English voice actor for Goku.
He's voiced some pretty popular characters from popular shows from my childhood.
Mainly Cheetor from Beast Wars, and Bob from Reboot.
I don't know how popular those shows were in USA but in Canada those are some fond nostalgic shows.
I think he also did the voice of Mega Man in the 90's show, and did some minor voices in Gundam Wing and GI Joe.
So he brings a little more to the table then just being Goku similar to Kelamis being on Ed Edd and Eddy or Drummond being Ryuk.

I'd love to see Vic Mignogna (Broly) (Kai Burter)
He's an amazing panelist.
He has other voices/ drawing power such as voicing Edward Elric (FMA) Spirit (Soul Eater).. and many many many more.

Of course Masako Nozawa, no explanation needed.

and the Legend Akiria Toriyama. Which would probably never happen, but it has to be said.

Nakutsuru would be amazing too... If he had an official art piece at his table like Horikawa did but of his Bardock Concept art.... my god... I would have to have that!
I love his Bardock Concept art.
I'd probably have to have a print made of his concept art just in case he doesn't have his own to get it signed.

Concept Art in spoiler...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri May 11, 2018 10:35 pm

It would be great to get people on the Toei production side of things to come. They probably have plenty of things to say that haven't really been articulated in the community. Maybe not Yamamuro because he might get chased out by angry Kanzenshuu fans and/or Ajay fans, but who knows? Didn't they get Chioka for a con in South America somewhere?
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2018 1:54 am

It's good to hear that it all went well and that Schemmel and Kelamis didn't get into a bloodbath.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:31 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:It's good to hear that it all went well and that Schemmel and Kelamis didn't get into a bloodbath.
Unless something changes some day, there is absolutely ZERO issue right now between Sean and Peter. That's a 100% fact. Trust me on this one.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:05 pm

https://youtu.be/pBHGXBBZeas

Full Horikawa Q&A Interview by ME translated by Jenn and Spazz.

I figured the people in here would appreciate this the most.

(And yes, i was VERY VERY tired)