Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Awesome work! Great to see everything was hashed out.

Man, that double appearance is going to be interesting though. Hope things aren't too awkward.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:I'm so glad Schemmel didn't get his way, booting Kelamis would have done nothing but convince Schemmel doing this sort of thing is ok. Glad Kelamis is back :D
Schemmel said he had no power to remove anyone.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:I'm so glad Schemmel didn't get his way, booting Kelamis would have done nothing but convince Schemmel doing this sort of thing is ok. Glad Kelamis is back :D
Schemmel said he had no power to remove anyone.
Exactly he even said this in his deleted tweets

The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Schemmel said he had no power to remove anyone.
I wonder what really happened. Everybody was ready to crucify the guy before he even had a chance to defend him self. Everyone herd one side to the story an just ran with it.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Yes! I’m so glad Kelamis is back on! I’d like to think that that was the fans’ doing. We spoke, and they listened... maybe
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:50 pm

The story didn't sit well with me. I think far too many people jumped the gun. It didn't make sense anyway. Why would Schemmel have the power to get someone booted?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Oy vey, drama of this magnitude is the last thing I expected from this series.

This is also the first time I've heard of a Dragon Ball con.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Well, it sounds decently positive now.

Sean Schemmel
‏ @SeanSchemmel
59m59 minutes ago
Replying to @KamehaCon

Very excited to be joining @PeterKelamis! Kamehamehas for everybody!

Peter Kelamis
‏Verified account @PeterKelamis

Peter Kelamis Retweeted Sean Schemmel

Looking forward to hanging with @SeanSchemmel , all the great voice talent, cosplayers and of course the Fans!

That said, Sean did delete a tweet or two where he mentioned wanting to take an argument with Jason Gray-Stanford (Ocean Raditz) and Kaiji Tang (Bang Zoom Vegeta) to DM, so I suppose things aren't entirely clear yet.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Kelamis gets his invite back? Good to hear! Happy they settled that. What a strange couple days it's been.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Schemmel said he had no power to remove anyone.
I wonder what really happened. Everybody was ready to crucify the guy before he even had a chance to defend him self. Everyone herd one side to the story an just ran with it.
Yeah people are still calling him out on it. It was a bad situation all around but whatever happened I’m glad they sorted it out

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 pm

I still think Sean had something in his contract stipulations or attendance conditions that suggested there couldn't be another english VA for Goku in attendance.

By that logic, he's doesn't directly have the power to boot Peter from the con... Ultimately that power and decision falls onto the organizers.

However due to his "star power" with the franchise... he does have the favor and pull to influence decisions of organizers to his own benefit.

If the above is what happened... a tweet such as "I don't have the power to boot people from a con" makes sense...

I don't know... At the end of the day both Sean and Peter are saying it was a communication error... however... Peter was still removed from the con at one point...

It sounds like a resolution to save face for everyone... I think the negative backlash... impacted not only Sean but the organizers... and it effected change...

The only other real possibility... Is the con just decided... "Hey, we have the real Goku now, we don't need this guy any more" and it was completely decided without anything from Sean... If that's the case the organizers are scum bags.

Some one screwed up.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:26 pm

I mean, I'd give the guy a lot more leeway if he hadn't spent the last decade being a complete ass when it came to the role.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Schemmel not literally being the person revoking Kelamis' invitation =/= Schemmel not saying he won't attend if Kelamis was there.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:33 pm

“I have no power to ban anyone and never have. Conventions make their own business decisions regarding booking guests.” – Sean Schemmel

If you dissect what he’s saying, he’s correct he does not directly have the “power” to ban someone from a convention (despite “ban” being a weird word, probably due to the wording in the question he’s responding to. ‘Remove’ would be a more accurate word).

The next sentence is the most interesting… He’s essentially citing the convention to have made the decision and having the power. Then he ties it into a “business decision” which in my opinion could mean one of two things… Either he had a contract stipulation or attendance condition that had to be met or he wouldn’t attend. Which could be something to the avail as no other English voice actors for Goku… So Sean’s viewing this as “hey look I don’t decide who gets ban from conventions, the convention does” he just happens to leave out the details… as to what effected their “business decision”. It’s very odd that Peter was removed and the next day we’re getting VIP emails regarding Sean… Then Peter’s tweet(s)… Sean deleting his tweets on mass…

The second possibility is the convention decided "screw this old Canadian Goku, we got the real thing, lets save some money"... Which seems less likely...

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 am

Well looks like Schemmel's "Zero Goku's Other Than Me Plan" failed, so that's good. Fans of the old dub deserved better and so did Kelamis. Glad they were able to work things out. If there's anything positive to take away from this situation its that more people have finally seen what a petty cunt Schemmel can be at times.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 am

Son Gara wrote:Well looks like Schemmel's "Zero Goku's Other Than Me Plan" failed, so that's good. Fans of the old dub deserved better and so did Kelamis. Glad they were able to work things out. If there's anything positive to take away from this situation its that more people have finally seen what a petty cunt Schemmel can be at times.
Yeah no kidding. I'm reaaalllly starting to think that he's throwing that weight around to influence other business decisions . . . Ocean Kai? No? Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised. I mean of course, he cn't affect Ocean or the production company unless it IS Toei directly behind it. What a diva.
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:15 am

Good to see the situation has been resolved. Hopefully everyone can put this all aside when the day comes. Now they just need to confirm Ian Corlett and Kirby Morrow :lol:.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:07 am

Jesus and some of you are still clinging to this idea that some F-list celebrity has any sort of power.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:29 am

ABED wrote:Jesus and some of you are still clinging to this idea that some F-list celebrity has any sort of power.
It's the most logical explanation, Sean didn't do it directly of course, but his actions in some way led to Kelamis getting his invite revoked. Kelamis comment of "And I pronounced Kaioken correctly" directly implicates Sean as the responsible party. That said, Kelamis has even deleted that tweet with his statement so seems this saga has come to a close for now. Both Goku's will attend the con and seem to have worked things out.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:39 am

You have incomplete information and it seems like it's what you want to be true.