How do you primarily spend your time Dragon Ball wise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How do you primarily spend your time Dragon Ball wise?

Post by KBABZ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:20 pm

precita wrote:Do people really just watch random episodes? When I rewatch I just rewatch all the episodes in order. I can understand watching a specific ep you really liked a lot of times, but it's hard for me to just randomly select a random ep to watch when all the episodes continue from each other during a saga.
I do it to watch specific moments in Kai, like the recap of Dragon Ball, Gohan stalling Vegeta from finding his Ball on Namek, or Trunks expositing to Goku when first meeting him.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:00 pm

precita wrote:Do people really just watch random episodes? When I rewatch I just rewatch all the episodes in order. I can understand watching a specific ep you really liked a lot of times, but it's hard for me to just randomly select a random ep to watch when all the episodes continue from each other during a saga.
From the beginning of the series, or from a "start point" of a particular arc/saga?

Sometimes I'm in the mood for a specific era, so I'll just put on an episode where the action is rolling already and just let it play from there. I've seen the whole series through a good few times, so I'm familiar enough to just jump in wherever.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 pm

I'll take it one step further. For the Kai Yamamoto Revival project on this same website, you had to download audio of the Kai episodes to mix them with the video. I still have the audio on my phone and listen to random episodes during long car rides. It's way more entertaining than you'd think :lol:

Um...shoutout to
SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:
for the project! :thumbup:

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:38 pm

If I'm watching my dvds/Blurays I always start on episode one of Dragon Ball and watch all the way to the end of GT. That takes a couple of months. But if I am watching the series on tv, I just watch whatever episodes are on and continue from there. Thats how I grew up watching dbz. And still do. Except that now they've replaced the old 4:3 masters of the Latin American dub with FUNis cropped blurays. And that REALLY bothers me.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Listen to soundtrack
Re-watch scenes / have them play in the background as amazing voice acting compliments the music and atmosphere
Research
Re-read manga
Have a tab on this forum at all times but not always on it