Asta makes me appreciate Goku a lot more

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Asta makes me appreciate Goku a lot more

Post by coola » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Asta is hero of Black Clover, "next shonen big hit" i've watched 2 episodes released so far, and i never met shonen character i wanted to punch so hard and tell him to shut up, Goku might be childish, but he never was as annoying, while i still think he could be better, i see now, he could be a lot worse :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Re: Asta makes me appreciate Goku a lot more

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:59 pm

The whole "I don't give up and so I win" thing is supposed to be inspiring, and it is if done thematically and not literally. Throughout the manga Asta only fights "your friends are worthless" villains and keeps winning despite them being supposedly really strong. It's easy to compare to the legitimately desperate fight in One Piece right now. Or Vegeta and Freeza from Dragonball.

Super has bad power scaling, but at least Gokuu can still lose fights (Beerus, Hit, Jiren) after he gets his protagonist power up.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Re: Asta makes me appreciate Goku a lot more

Post by DragonBallKing » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu