Guessing Funi's Super Home Release Schedule/Covers

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Guessing Funi's Super Home Release Schedule/Covers

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:27 am

Alright, I was just thinking about what the future DB Super covers will be like in terms of which character will be featured (and also I have no life, I guess). So, for fun - I'm just going to make educated guesses based on the current amount of arcs and common sense of who may appear on the covers. Obviously, we already know Part 1 (Super Saiyan God Goku) and 2 (Golden Frieza). SPOILERS AHEAD FOR DUB WATCHERS. (Oh, and I also added this to the General Franchise Discussion because I felt it might fit here better than Super so I wouldn't mind if the other one is erased) Also, I put my release date guesses so people can have an idea of when these episodes may be released by Funimation and it looks like they won't reach Episode 109/110 until about April 2019.

Dragon Ball Super: Part 3 (Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta?) Ep. 27-40 releasing December/or January 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part 4 (Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks and Goku Black?) Ep. 41-54 releasing March/April 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part 5 (Vegito Blue vs. Merged Zamasu?) Ep. 55-68 releasing June/July 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part 6 (Super Saiyan Blue Goku?) Ep. 69-82 releasing September/October 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part 7 (Super Saiyan Caulifla and Berserk Kale?) Ep. 83-96 releasing December/or January 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part 8 (Ultra Instinct Goku?) Ep. 97-110 releasing March/April 2019

I just updated this to include Part 8, which perfectly falls with the thirteen episodes that have aired since my Part 7 guess back in July and I'm CERTAIN Funimation would display Goku's new UI transformation on the cover.

I updated the list to include villains like I had previously done on an older version of the forum.
Last edited by mecha3000 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kuwabara
Regular

Re: Guessing Funi's Super Home Release Schedule/Covers

Post by Kuwabara » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:07 am

Your list has practically no villains in it! I'd personally prefer to see Goku Black/Zamasu on the Part 4 cover since they're new characters, and I honestly feel that there's a good chance one of the two would make it.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 am

I can see them using Goku Black for one of the covers.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 am

Kuwabara wrote:Your list has practically no villains in it! I'd personally prefer to see Goku Black/Zamasu on the Part 4 cover since they're new characters, and I honestly feel that there's a good chance one of the two would make it.
Damn it! I swear if you looked at my old version of this forum, I did include villains. However, I removed villains because I wasn't sure if Funi would want to display villains instead of just the heroes on the covers. They may just display villains on the disc art or back cover. Or Goku Black on Part 4's cover and Future Trunks on the disc art perhaps? Maybe. However, they may have Part 5 be Vegito Blue vs. Merged Zamasu and similar such occurences in the future. I'll update my list to look more like it was before.

Also, does anyone know if Funimation will announce their new releases today? They seem to always do it on days like the 13th of a month so I'm hoping we get Part 3's cover art and release date this week or next week at least.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:35 am

Part 6 they could add something like the Super Shenron or maybe someone new like the Trio De Dangers. For Part 7, I won't mind if they put someone like the Pride Tropers on the cover.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:59 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Part 6 they could add something like the Super Shenron or maybe someone new like the Trio De Dangers. For Part 7, I won't mind if they put someone like the Pride Tropers on the cover.
I wish they would design the releases like the season sets where the villains appear on the back of the cover because your idea would be perfect for that. If they designed the Super season sets to look like this, this would probably make me think about buying them. Let's remember that Funimation's season sets for Z and GT never had a villain on them though and I don't recall if this was the same way for Dragon Ball and Kai. DB Season Four had King Piccolo I think and Kai has Frieza and Cell fighting a hero. So, I'm not sure if the Super sets would just display a villain-only. Time will tell, I guess.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 am

mecha3000 wrote:Let's remember that Funimation's season sets for Z and GT never had a villain on them though and I don't recall if this was the same way for Dragon Ball and Kai. DB Season Four had King Piccolo I think and Kai has Frieza and Cell fighting a hero. So, I'm not sure if the Super sets would just display a villain-only. Time will tell, I guess.
Season 3 and 5 of Dragon Ball Z had Freeza and Cell respectively, and Season 1 had Vegeta (who was a villain during that period). GT is the only series where the cover art was hero-exclusive. I could see the Super parts (and subsequent season sets) have villains on the cover, particularly Goku Black since he is a very marketable character. Maybe part 4. Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta is a very good bet for part 3.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: