Are your non-Kanzenshuu friends into Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Are your non-Kanzenshuu friends into Dragon Ball?

Post by Ripper 30 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 am

Most of my Non-Kanzenshuu Friends don't watch animes and the ones who watch Animes aren't into Dragon Ball at all and think of it like a generic mindless Fight cartoon kinda like Ben 10,etc. So this is the only place where I intreact with fellow Dragon Ball fans who know the real show and there are also some of my friends who mostly like Dragon Ball Video games than anime and only watch it for fights.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 am

I have lots of friends who aren't on Kanzenshuu that watch and enjoy Dragon Ball, my partner included

I don't think I've made any friends on Kanzenshuu yet :oops:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 am

Not to the extent I am, but to be fair, no one should be into Dragon Ball to the extent I am.

One of my best friends is an ex who watched the entire series with me while we were dating, so there's that. Otherwise I know people who have causally seen it once as a kid and that's it.

Edit -- Ah, wait. I have two friends from college who also own the DVDs.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 am

Implying I have friends on kanzenshuu or real life :lol:
But not really, outside of a few who have casual interest.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:31 am

I have no friends.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 am

My best friend was a dragon ball nerd like me. But unfortunately he moved several states from me when we graduated high school and I haven't seen him since. I really miss him. :(

Most of the people my age grew up watching dbz. But to them it is just a cool cartoon they saw as kids back in the early to mid 2000s. Nowadays the closets thing to a friend that's into Dragon Ball is my little teenage bother. By the way he's not really into Dragon Ball. He just kinda likes it. But he is the only one who I can have a conversation about DB in real life.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:38 am

Yeah, I know several people who live in my area who are into Dragon Ball, or at least know about it.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:54 pm

I have at least one that's fan of Dragon Ball, though he hasn't seen the DBSuper, yet.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm

It's a mixed bag.
Some don't care about anime, some just like Dragon ball and nothing more, and others are into anime and like Dragon Ball.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm

HELL YEAH.

In fact, for quite a long time i was a little bit ashamed as i thought i was the only one who still was interested in the franchise. And suddenly, one day i discovered that every single one of them (except like three or four) not only liked the show, but also had watched and enjoyed the movies and even freaking Super. It's fucking great.

My little brother also likes the show (only in spanish thought), my cousins also like the show (thought one of them lost some interest after falling in love with one piece), and hell, my mother liked it for quite a long time until it got into Z, which she dislikes as she couldn't stand it's level of violence, and she missed the comedy and weird jokes.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am

A lot of people my age, who I met at uni or even just at the pub, are familiar with DBZ and have fond memories of it from back in the day, even if they aren't still fans now. It is pretty cool how many times I've been in town, in places frequented mostly by people in their '20s, and heard people talking about Super though.

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:05 am

I have no friends who like outside of Kanzenshuu, nor do I have any friends on Kanzenshuu. I am alone. :cry:
Big Green: And you say you're the prince of the Space Warriors.
Vejituh: Oh Big Green, face reali-TY!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 am

Yeah. One in Germany, 4 in France, one here in Norway (or 3-4 if you count people I'm not in touch with).

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Yeah a couple of my friend talk about dragon ball, not as often since they have other interest
Mostly active on discord.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:40 pm

When I was a kid, plenty of kids were into it because it was at its most popular in the U.S. Now, from the people that I've stayed close to, one can say that he was a fan, though he was a super casual fan. He could get a Goku key chain but wouldn't exactly be able to recall much that happened in the series. To him, it just looks cool. I have people on Facebook whom I haven't spoken to in years who every now and then would post a link to something relating to Dragon Ball Super or something, so I'd suspect that they are still into it, but I wouldn't know.