Dragonball2018.com is registered.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball2018.com is registered.

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Could be a Super special. Movie seems likely, but I'm gonna be skeptical for a bit.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm

If it's a movie, please be:

• About Saiyans, a little backstory, more of King Vegeta, Bardock and Gine.
• About Trunks becoming Time Patroller, a lead-up to Dragon Ball Online events (or at least pieces from it)
• A completely original story, without bringing back any unnecessary past villains (except Cell).
• About a travel to Universe 6 planet Sadala.
• The story of the Megaverse.
• About Zeno; Dai Shinkan (and angels).

If it's a TV Special, please be:

• About Tights and Jaco.
• An awesome adaptation of Dragon Ball Minus.
• About Universe 6 Namekuseijins involving Piccolo in the main role.
• The story of the Megaverse.
• About Zeno; Dai Shinkan (and angels).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 pm

There were rumors a while back that after the ToP there would be a movie and then a new series. I'm hoping those turn out to be true

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Forte224 wrote:There were rumors a while back that after the ToP there would be a movie and then a new series. I'm hoping those turn out to be true
What would be the point of just slapping a new title on the series? :think:
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Forte224 wrote:There were rumors a while back that after the ToP there would be a movie and then a new series. I'm hoping those turn out to be true
Rebranding is a fairly good marketing tool. They could sell it as a new series even though it's basically just a new season.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:
Rebranding is a fairly good marketing tool. They could sell it as a new series even though it's basically just a new season.
If that's the case I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the renamed it Dragon Ball Super Z :lol:
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Ask the guys who put Z onto Dragon Ball! Super is only 50 episodes behind where Dragon Ball was before it was switched to Z and the episode count reset.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Imagine them making a U6 movie? or a FT movie? That would make the movies the canon version LOL I'd want to see the FT arc done in a movie.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 pm

All I want out of this is another Toriyama script.

Please oh please.

Otherwise it's a little whatever.

Pipe-dream hope is a Universe 6 arc film setting the stage for other retellings (movies or specials), but there's no way.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 pm

I feel like if this was going to be a re-telling of the Champa or Future Trunks arc we would have seen a movie for 2017. Conversely, I feel like Dragon Ball Super definitely made it difficult to make a new film so soon. Hopefully a 2018 film will be properly scheduled and staffed. Hatano Morio still seems to be missing in action, so unless he's overseeing the new Saint Seiya projects I think we could be in for a revenge match for the ace.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:28 pm

If this is something new then hopefully it's from Toriyama and it has an impact on Super's main story. I also wouldn't mind a movie based off the manga but I'd prefer something new. If it's new I can see them turning it into an arc for Super like BOG and RF.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:37 pm

I won't mind a movie similar to the old DBZ movies where they are own their stories that are not apart of the main story and don't affect the main story as well. I won't mind if they do something related to U13-U18.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 pm

I don't really know what to expect from another original story,... but its nice to see we are most probably going to have another movie after so long :D

As for a Future Trunks arc retelling, part of me would want to see that, but just remembering how BoG retelling went... It could be so good and fix some of its issues, or it could end worse... I fear Black and Zamasu's characters may change if they made a retelling. :? I don't want to see manga Black :|
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:I don't really know what to expect from another original story,... but its nice to see we are most probably going to have another movie after so long :D

As for a Future Trunks arc retelling, part of me would want to see that, but just remembering how BoG retelling went... It could be so good and fix some of its issues, or it could end worse... I fear Black and Zamasu's characters may change if they made a retelling. :? I don't want to see manga Black :|
That's the thing they'll risk with it. Black's character couldn't have been done better in the anime but in the manga he didn't have much going for him.

One thing's for sure, whatever they do will look amazing if the last 2 movies are anything to go by. They've also had more time to work on it which can only make things better.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

As much as i appreciate what was done with Trunks' ass pulls regarding the condemning of shounen cliches and the deconstructing of it, they only really made it look good by the time Trunks got the spirit bomb energy and destroyed Zamasu's body. every time he used that power after the ep he got it, it generally looked mediocre. If they made a movie about it, at least that problem would be solved. I think it would suck if they didn't use the best parts of the arc in terms of art and animation which was a problem that Toei could've avoided with the retellings of the movies. But who knows. Since it says 2018, hope it gets announced soon.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 am

Ugh, Christ, no more movies. Focus on the bloody series.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Ugh, Christ, no more movies. Focus on the bloody series.
A movie is easily to make higher quality in the modern Japanese animation industry. Not only is is easier to market as a big event domestically, it's easier to export and easier to get money from because you can control how and where consumers get it. Additionally, talented production staff will have an easier time retaining control over the quality of the film because they don't have to producing a long-running weekly series on only three or four month's notice--as was the case with Dragon Ball Super.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:07 am

I, for one, accept our newly registered domain overlords

If it's an OVA, I want Jaco the Galactic Patrolman

If it's a movie, or series of movies, I want animated versions of the Toyotaro tellings

Or movie retellings of Super's arcs 8) :lol:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 am

If it's a movie, I hope it's an original story, if they are going to reanimate Super arcs I'd rather those be TV specials.

I'm personally hoping this isn't a movie at all and instead a sequel series to Super, but the title and most of the details will be kept secret for a while after announcement.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 am

Yonkou posted that 19 and 20 has been registered also and privately too.

So basically this means nothing, unfortunately.