Dragonball2018.com is registered.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball2018.com is registered.

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 am

A movie would be nice, but I'm dreading a recap movie. Been a lot of those around lately.

Anyway, it's a little too soon to bring out the speculation black board for potential story ideas. Could end up being a card game series :lol:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yonkou posted that 19 and 20 has been registered also and privately too.

So basically this means nothing, unfortunately.
Not necessarily.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:50 am

Was the precure site also registred privately?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yonkou posted that 19 and 20 has been registered also and privately too.

Not necessarily.
Unless they're planning a movie and don't have a date in mind yet. Guess that's a possibility.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Not necessarily.
Unless they're planning a movie and don't have a date in mind yet. Guess that's a possibility.
Or it's multiple projects, or they plan on doing something like changing the show's name each year or 2 of them are just covering their bases while one is for an actual planned project.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 am

Ah, I didn't expect the Pliers Arc to be told as a film!

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 am

Beerus and Champa orgin story

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Not necessarily.
2018: Champa arc movie, 2019: Future Trunks arc movie, 2020: Universal Survival arc movie...?

I doubt this is actually going to happen though.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 am

Zephyr wrote:Ah, I didn't expect the Pliers Arc to be told as a film!
How will they stop Gotenks from squeezing Zeno with only 90 minutes?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:33 am

Now that this is already being blown out of proportion, I'm going to start hoping it's a feature-length Dragon Ball Heroes promotional film.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:53 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Not necessarily.
2018: Champa arc movie, 2019: Future Trunks arc movie, 2020: Universal Survival arc movie...?

I doubt this is actually going to happen though.
Retellings are a big fat no from me I'm sick of them already, with the DBS Manga we effectively have 2 versions of the arcs anyway. Having 3 different versions of the BoG story was ridiculous.

I know people want a "pure Toriyama script" but he's not gonna pen the action that will be up to Toei as usual, so it's like what's the point especially with the tournaments which are heavily action focused.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:01 am

If a movie does happen, I wanna say no to Toriyama having anything to do with the writing side but knowing my luck they'll get the man who managed to out generic Daniel Way, Toyotaro, to do it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:33 am

If this is a movie, I want it to centered around the new generation (Oob, Pan and Bra) taking up the mantle of Earth's mightiest warriors. I mean, just give it a chance. It can work. And if people reject it, then go back to drawing board. But there is no harm at all in at least attempting to bring a fresh perspective on the story.

But then again, after reading the interview from GT producer Kōzō Morishita, I don't put much stock into that considering even back then they didn't have to balls to gamble with a new cast and went back to focusing on Goku.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If this is a movie, I want it to centered around the new generation (Oob, Pan and Bra) taking up the mantle of Earth's mightiest warriors. I mean, just give it a chance. It can work. And if people reject it, then go back to drawing board. But there is no harm at all in at least attempting to bring a fresh perspective on the story.
Problem is , movies are kind of a big budget deal - I don't see them experimenting with new ideas when that much money is on the line.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 am

Michsi wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:If this is a movie, I want it to centered around the new generation (Oob, Pan and Bra) taking up the mantle of Earth's mightiest warriors. I mean, just give it a chance. It can work. And if people reject it, then go back to drawing board. But there is no harm at all in at least attempting to bring a fresh perspective on the story.
Problem is , movies are kind of a big budget deal - I don't see them experimenting with new ideas when that much money is on the line.
1 - Forget about the next generation. They can play a part, but it's not their story. It was tried and it doesn't work. Using the next generation doesn't bring a fresh perspective. We experienced the story from the next generation back in early DB. Let's continue to follow those characters as they progress and age. The experience they bring is also fresh.

The franchise is 30 years old, there's not nearly as much risk as you assume if they try a new idea.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 am

It could be a live action film. :lol: Anime being adapted to live action is becoming a trend nowadays. Oh, I'd love to see the reactions if it happened.

But, if it is an animation film assuming of course that this is going to be a film, I'd like to see something different. No Toriyama script, no usual nonsense and most importantly no Yamamuro as director. Let the anime staff run wild for once. The theatrical space is the best place for experimentation and hopefully the traditional minded producers understand this and let the staff have some fun. And, seconded the next generation story idea. It is about damn fucking time they got some focus.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:06 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:It could be a live action film. :lol: Anime being adapted to live action is becoming a trend nowadays. Oh, I'd love to see the reactions if it happened.

But, if it is an animation film assuming of course that this is going to be a film, I'd like to see something different. No Toriyama script, no usual nonsense and most importantly no Yamamuro as director. Let the anime staff run wild for once. The theatrical space is the best place for experimentation and hopefully the traditional minded producers understand this and let the staff have some fun. And, seconded the next generation story idea. It is about damn fucking time they got some focus.
What kind of experimenting?

Why do you guys care so much about the next generation getting focus?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 am

ABED wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:It could be a live action film. :lol: Anime being adapted to live action is becoming a trend nowadays. Oh, I'd love to see the reactions if it happened.

What kind of experimenting?

Why do you guys care so much about the next generation getting focus?
Because people keep (wrongly) thinking the next generation have Dick Grayson/Damian Wayne levels of character depth to warrant their own stories & spin offs. Oh and something something fucking Gohan.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 am

Because people keep (wrongly) thinking the next generation have Dick Grayson/Damian Wayne levels of character depth to warrant their own stories & spin offs. Oh and something something fucking Gohan.
Except this wouldn't be a spin-off. This would be changing the main character of the story.

I think they can play an important role, but the story, including that of any new movie, should remain focused on Goku. I'd like to see growth and change in Goku. That would be something truly fresh at this point.
Last edited by ABED on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 am

ekrolo2 wrote: Because people keep (wrongly) thinking the next generation have Dick Grayson/Damian Wayne levels of character depth to warrant their own stories & spin offs. Oh and something something fucking Gohan.
Don't worry there not referring to gohan,there refering to uub,pan and bra maybe goten and trunks.I certainly don't want this
Mostly active on discord.