Confusing DB Characters with non DB characters over names?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Confusing DB Characters with non DB characters over names?

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 am

have you guys ever had times when you confused DB characters with non-DB characters due to similar names or other situations? For example recently a friend of mine said he was doing a Bojack cosplay, and I replied that would be kinda cool as I had never seen Bojack cosplayed before. Out of curiosity I asked him what form would he be doing, and if he was going to have green makeup. He replied confused about what I was talking about and I sent him a picture of Bojack. Turns out there's another cartoon or comic character named Bojack who is a horse or something and that's what he was talking about. Only Bojack I knew was the DBZ villain, so that's why I was confused. That ever happen with you guys?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Re: Confusing DB Characters with non DB characters over names?

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

Super Sonic wrote:have you guys ever had times when you confused DB characters with non-DB characters due to similar names or other situations? For example recently a friend of mine said he was doing a Bojack cosplay, and I replied that would be kinda cool as I had never seen Bojack cosplayed before. Out of curiosity I asked him what form would he be doing, and if he was going to have green makeup. He replied confused about what I was talking about and I sent him a picture of Bojack. Turns out there's another cartoon or comic character named Bojack who is a horse or something and that's what he was talking about. Only Bojack I knew was the DBZ villain, so that's why I was confused. That ever happen with you guys?
Your friend was going to do a Bojack Horseman cosplay. Is a Netflix series.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!