Who do you think is the worst character in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Who do you think is the worst character in Dragon Ball?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 pm

sintzu wrote:That's exactly why people don't take feminists seriously.
Lol, Whut ?
Cipher wrote:Y'all trippin' if you think Gotenks is a bad character.

Like wtf.
Yea seriously, Gotenks is awesome, one of the reasons the Boo saga is one of the best.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Like wtf.
Yea seriously, Gotenks is awesome, one of the reasons the Boo saga is one of the best.[/quote]

Yeah, Gotenks is one of my favorite characters. I love him because he's such a little shit.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 pm

It's so bad, especially when compared to his pre-Freeza fight characterization.
How? Because he's not super badass? I love it because he's an arrogant bastard, and when confronted with a power he couldn't hope to overcome, it breaks him completely. It's the same characterization, but in a different context. It's one of the moments that makes Vegeta so interesting.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Lol, Whut ?
This is the original quote :
OP hates women (characters) because they hurt his masculinity
I said this is why people don't take them seriously.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:38 pm

sintzu wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Lol, Whut ?
This is the original quote :
OP hates women (characters) because they hurt his masculinity
I said this is why people don't take them seriously.
Yea I saw. First off, I'm pretty sure that's a joke, and 2nd off, 1 person said this, not a whole group of people, lol. Like, come on.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Post by SmugStick » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:38 pm

I don’t hate any character, but I really dislike Vegeta. I just find him really overrated. But the worst character for me would probably be Broly. Worst back story and just super lame overall.
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Yea I saw. First off, I'm pretty sure that's a joke, and 2nd off, 1 person said this, not a whole group of people, lol. Like, come on.
A good amount of them are like that. I'm not talking about people who fight for actual women issues cause I'm all for that, I'm talking about the ones who just complain behind a screen about nothing and when real issues come up they're nowhere to be found.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Yea I saw. First off, I'm pretty sure that's a joke, and 2nd off, 1 person said this, not a whole group of people, lol. Like, come on.
A good amount of them are like that. I'm not talking about people who fight for actual women issues cause I'm all for that, I'm talking about the ones who just complain behind a screen about nothing and when real issues come up they're nowhere to be found.
Real talk, I've never seen these type of people, I just see people complaining about them. And in my experience the people who do kind of act like that, are fighting for the big issues, but you can't deny, there's a shit ton of misogyny and racism on the internet, media, and gaming, so it's important to also take care of that.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:18 pm

SmugStick wrote:I don’t hate any character, but I really dislike Vegeta. I just find him really overrated. But the worst character for me would probably be Broly. Worst back story and just super lame overall.
Worst backstory? really? goku's backstory is better?

edit: And I saw like 3 people saying that Broly is the worst character, explain pls.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Real talk, I've never seen these type of people, I just see people complaining about them. And in my experience the people who do kind of act like that, are fighting for the big issues, but you can't deny, there's a shit ton of misogyny and racism on the internet, media, and gaming, so it's important to also take care of that.
They all live on tumblr. All the extreme 'social justice' warriors are on there.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
sintzu wrote:
They all live on tumblr. All the extreme 'social justice' warriors are on there.
Lol, your never gonna find "sjws" on tumblr unless you look for them. Like, do you even use tumblr ?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Real talk, I've never seen these type of people, I just see people complaining about them. And in my experience the people who do kind of act like that, are fighting for the big issues, but you can't deny, there's a shit ton of misogyny and racism on the internet, media, and gaming, so it's important to also take care of that.
Lol, your never gonna find "sjws" on tumblr unless you look for them. Like, do you even use tumblr ?
Actually, yes, I do. I go out of my way to follow blogs that dont post it.
And while they aren't everywhere you look, it's certainly the place for them where I see them most commonly.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
And while they aren't everywhere you look, it's certainly the place for them where I see them most commonly.
That's fair, but even if you DO see them, I don't see why people just don't ignore them. Like I said, I see more people complaining about these blogs, then I see them myself.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Lol, your never gonna find "sjws" on tumblr unless you look for them. Like, do you even use tumblr ?
That's fair, but even if you DO see them, I don't see why people just don't ignore them. Like I said, I see more people complaining about these blogs, then I see them myself.
Again, because you dont follow those types of people. That's like saying "well I don't see many girls cause I go an all guys school." No shit. just because you dont see them that doesn't mean they're not out there.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Again, because you dont follow those types of people. That's like saying "well I don't see many girls cause I go an all guys school." No shit. just because you dont see them that doesn't mean they're not out there.
Funny thing is, I am involved in those types of communities, I am what the internet would call, an sjw. And pretty much everyone I talk to about it, do protest, do fight the bigger issues, and are very active outside of "complaining" online.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: That's fair, but even if you DO see them, I don't see why people just don't ignore them. Like I said, I see more people complaining about these blogs, then I see them myself.
Funny thing is, I am involved in those types of communities, I am what the internet would call, an sjw. And pretty much everyone I talk to about it, do protest, do fight the bigger issues, and are very active outside of "complaining" online.
See, because there's a difference between a tumblr sjw and a person who legitimately fights for bigger rights. The ones on tumblr spout stupid nonsense like "kill all men" (which I've seen on more than a few occasions), harass writers of a show to make their gay ship canon, and send death threats to fan artists by making R63 art of some game called Dream Daddy. (And yes, these people exist.)

Those are the ones nobody takes seriously, and the unfortunate thing is that those people create the stereotype and ruin it for the people who only have the best of intentions for creating a better society.

But to get back on topic, I'll agree with Dolltaki being the #1 worst. He's practically a pedophile. (Blue got saved for me thanks to primarily seeing the dub, but I know how that one scene originally was). Dolltaki is gross, and I'm legitimately happy everytime I watch General Rildo blow his head off with a Ki blast.

Though I do dislike Kale, and while I like Caulifla's personality I really hate how they've handled her.

On the opposite end, I dont dislike Chi-Chi or GT Pan at all. In fact I like them. Yeah, GT Pan is much worse than the adorable EOZ Pan (and more recently Baby Pan) but I dont hate her like so much of the fanbase does.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Guys, this topic is a political issue and tempers could run high, not to mention that it's off topic so I think it's best to take this to private message. I'm not trying to play moderator here. I just would like this thread to stay open as I think it's a fun topic.

While Dolltaki is disgusting, I like that a villain makes me feel revolted. It would be different if it was a good guy engaging in those activities.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:22 pm

ABED wrote:Guys, this topic is a political issue and tempers could run high, not to mention that it's off topic so I think it's best to take this to private message. I'm not trying to play moderator here. I just would like this thread to stay open as I think it's a fun topic.
Fair enough, I'll stop.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Toei!Chi-Chi, soccer mom always was worst type of character for me in any media :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Chichi becomes tolerable, even likeable in the Buu arc. I get character development, but after years of tiger mom, the damage was done.