Would you consider Goku manly? If not who are the manly characters in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Would you consider Goku manly? If not who are the manly characters in Dragon Ball?

Post by ABED » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:01 am

Thanks Floofychan (fun name), I was in fact seeking more of a clarification. I wasn't implying anyone here is a sexist. I saw the list of traits and thought it was more fitting of what makes a good person, not specifically men. Sorry if that wasn't coming through.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would you consider Goku manly? If not who are the manly characters in Dragon Ball?

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Yes , He's Manly at times and childish in others
My English is poor .

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 am

Goku is definitely pretty masculine. Maybe not as much as Tenshinhan, who's 100 percent manly without a chink in his armor to be found, but there's nothing non-masculine about him.

The only characters with any amount of 'feminine energy' at all are Krillin and Gohan. Almost all the other main players are pretty firmly in macho male territory.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:00 am

Yes, he is manly to me.

Goku
Vegeta
Broly
Bardock
King Vegeta
Paragus
Nappa
Raditz
Turles
Tien Shin Han
Piccolo
Yamcha
DBZ Future Trunks (long hair)
Roshi
Bojack
C-13
C-16
Hit
Jiren
Perfect Cell
Satan
Dabra

are all manly to me
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Google wrote:man·ly
ˈmanlē/Submit
adjective
having or denoting those good qualities traditionally associated with men, such as courage and strength.
"looking manly and capable in his tennis whites"
synonyms: brave, courageous, bold, valiant, valorous, fearless, plucky, macho, manful, intrepid, daring, heroic, lionhearted, gallant, chivalrous, swashbuckling, adventurous, stouthearted, dauntless, doughty, resolute, determined, stalwart; More
(of an activity) befitting a man, especially in a traditional sense.
"the manly art of knife-throwing"
synonyms: virile, masculine, strong, muscular, muscly, strapping, well built, sturdy, robust, rugged, tough, powerful, brawny, heavily built, vigorous; More
Pretty much the entire cast at some point or another. Nappa would probably be the most outright perfect stereotype of the term.